Speakeasy forum

General discussion

He doesn't want Wind Farms in Nantucket ...

by Edward ODaniel / March 15, 2008 4:13 AM PDT

because "That's where I sail" but he doesn't mind leaving other energy sources in the sailing waters (also used by more plebian people for swimming and shellfish beds).

http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.php/headlines/2008/03/13/kennedy_dumping_oil_itno_nantucket_sound

He has called Nantucket Sound "a national treasure", but his love and respect doesn't not extend to his own habits as these photos of him dumping diesel fuel from the bilge of his yacht Mya into the same waters he tries to prevent others from using for renewable energy projects.

Now, before the sure to be voiced "it wasn't him it was a crewman" is uttered note that he left in the launch while it was being discharged into the water and Chapaquidick Ted's not noticing the slick or its source is beyond belief.

Of course, he is already well known for leaving things in the water that don't belong in the water.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: He doesn't want Wind Farms in Nantucket ...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: He doesn't want Wind Farms in Nantucket ...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Rich Guys.......Whatta' ya' gonna' do?
by JP Bill / March 15, 2008 4:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
Royalty doesn't have to observe rules that they don't like.
by Kiddpeat / March 15, 2008 2:15 PM PDT

The rules are intended to prevent the peasants from intruding on royal pleasures.

Collapse -
My, my!
by Kiddpeat / March 16, 2008 3:56 AM PDT

It looks like some don't like royalty being questioned either.

Collapse -
...RHIP....Royalty Has Its' Privileges....
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 12:09 AM PDT
Published on Sunday, April 29, 2001 in the Chicago Tribune
Bush Loves Ecology -- At Home
by Rob Sullivan

http://www.commondreams.org/views01/0429-03.htm

I know this is over 7yrs old and not 6yrs like the TK story but it is always good to stay abreast of events that push an agenda. after viewing the photo of the 'Mya' I see no proof of what is allegedly being dumped or if the quotes are truthful. when has proof ever been a necessary ingredient for provocation.

I am now anxiously awaiting for the environmental impact of our iraq adventure. of course when a cause is noble how bad could it be. on the bright side at least it is paying for itself and the benefits are still to be appreciated.
Collapse -
TYpical.....
by C1ay / March 16, 2008 12:24 AM PDT

Let's divert everyone's attention to the posted topic by going off topic with Bush. You're good with Google. Perhaps you could find us a link where ol' Chappaquiddick Ted makes a denial of the accusation....

Collapse -
Response
by JP Bill / March 16, 2008 12:39 AM PDT
In reply to: TYpical.....

Anonymous photographer takes picture.

That HE SAYS shows an oil slick.

What proof is there that it is an oil slick?

What did the photographer do? Call the Coast Guard? (not mentioned in article)

He went to the trouble of going out to the yacht (even to the other side of the yacht) Photos taken from both sides.

Answer your accuser when you don't know who is doing the accusing?

What is the topic? Windfarms? oil slick? Chapaquidick? Or Bash Teddy?

My guess is the last choice.

Collapse -
then stay f0cused and pr0ve
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 1:07 AM PDT
In reply to: TYpical.....

the allegations in the OP. that should not be hard.

if and when that is accomplished perhaps I will search and find what you need.

I wonder if TK is the only drunk in government, past or present. I wonder what I might find using the google.

Collapse -
What's to prove?
by C1ay / March 16, 2008 8:47 AM PDT

It's widely known that Teddy drove a car off a bridge and a girl over it so I'd say the OP was correct with his statement about putting things in the water that don't belong there...

Collapse -
that would be the allegations
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 9:43 AM PDT
In reply to: What's to prove?

of the emptying of the bilge. that is an allegation. I did not comment on the 'cute' reference to the death of a young woman.

we all know that MJK died the night she went for a drive with TK. she was the consenting adult who partied with TK. I figure if her parents did not press the issue who am I to pass judgement. I was not there at the time, were you or anyone else with an opinion. I have been to the bridge and it was not meant for a lincoln to cross to go 4-wheeling.

Collapse -
The OP provided a link to the news report....
by C1ay / March 16, 2008 10:50 AM PDT

...which contained a statement from the crewman that dumped the oil that he did in fact dump the oil and that he was told to do so. Are you trying to say the crewman lied to the news to make himself and Teddy look guilty of something he didn't really do?

Collapse -
what news reporter?
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 11:57 AM PDT

so far it is an anonymous photographer making a statement of what he said the crewman said. six years after the supposed event took place. also brooks the editor/publisher is a staunch supporter of jim gordon and an ardent, known proponent for the cape wind project. it is hard to believe he would question or verify what he wants to see, say and hear about TK. it is a blog with no sourcing required.

where I come from that is called: flimsy.

Collapse -
A little bigger...
by J. Vega / March 16, 2008 12:35 PM PDT
In reply to: what news reporter?

It's a little bigger than the average lone blogger. Looking them up I found:
CapeCodToday.com, Cape Cod's premier community web site, was founded in February 1997 and is owned and operated by a Cape Cod company, eCape, Inc. of South Dennis. CapeCodToday.com's team of editors strive to bring its members and subscribers the best of Cape Cod every day.

About eCape, Inc.
Founded in 1996, eCape, Inc. wants all Cape Cod businesses to profit by using the power of the Internet. We build business websites and sell advertising on our two portal websites, CapeCodTravel.com and CapeCodToday.com.
To date, eCape has over 200 paid advertisers on its network of portal sites and has built 300+ web sites for Cape Cod businesses.
With offices based in South Dennis, eCape's full-time year-round staff of technical, creative, and marketing professionals ensure that local businesses get prompt, courteous service and savvy advice on increasing their business through the use of the Internet.
Through its affiliations with jointly owned companies -- Best Read Guide Cape Cod (part of the Best Read Guide International network of visitor guides,) and BRG Distribution (Cape Cod?s leading distributor of brochures and guidebooks), eCape is able to offer its customers more than just web site design.

Collapse -
all well and good
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 3:50 PM PDT
In reply to: A little bigger...

and I never said it was some loner's blogspot. I went to the link provided in the OP. it is not hard to see what it offers.

but size has nothing to do with veracity in the blog world. the same question arises: why wait six years to send a photo anonymously. there is only undocumented hearsay that TK ordered the dumping. as been mentioned: why not report it to the coast guard or any environmental group at the time.

what did you find out about brooks? his association with gordon?

he (brooks) is against those that are against the wind farm. it is difficult to believe he is neutral in his reporting. he doesn't have to.

he has an agenda and the opposition has an agenda. this whole post started as an agenda. that would be a three-pronged spear or trident (tribute to neptune): against environmentalists, limousine liberals and TK.

or did I miss the real message hidden in the murk.

Collapse -
tk ir know by most if us as the woman killer
by willeiy / March 16, 2008 11:17 AM PDT

he really knocks the dead

Collapse -
I am going to mark that down
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 12:08 PM PDT

"most if us" is who and how many?

"he really knocks the dead"

I have no idea what that statement is supposed to convey.

Collapse -
hate to be a stickler for facts but
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 12:25 PM PDT
Collapse -
the 'concerns' of the alliance
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 12:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
Interesting site..
by J. Vega / March 16, 2008 5:24 AM PDT

Couldn't help but notice that under about us under stakeholders the names of two members of Congress come up. First is Kennedy, and the second is Congressman Bill Delahunt (D-MA).
Going to Delahunt's web page I find the statement "Delahunt is a strong supporter of offshore renewable energy from sources such as wave, tidal and wind and has cosponsored legislation to finance and promote these new technologies.".

Collapse -
Have you ever heard of
by JP Bill / March 16, 2008 2:05 AM PDT
Collapse -
and I saw the movie
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 2:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Have you ever heard of

that is when will smith made his bones with his performance.

the movie(..'Six Degrees...'), to me, is a little 'wordy' and long-winded but smith was brilliant. I never thought much of his tv work.

Collapse -
and your very disruptive
by willeiy / March 16, 2008 2:57 AM PDT

its amazing how you manage to remain a member here.
must be a catch or just bias here

Collapse -
I'm not sure which is the point of your post
by Angeline Booher / March 16, 2008 2:58 AM PDT

Is it:

(a) the dumping of the oil into the water

(b) that Ted is against wind farms in Nantucket

(c) anther way to bring up Chapaqidick 

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I thought the point
by Patricia89 / March 16, 2008 3:22 AM PDT

was another politician doing what he wants and to hell with others!
In other words do as I say not as I do

Collapse -
I agree
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: I thought the point

that is what Kiddpeat and I recognized. it was the hypocrisy, nothing else.

hypocrisy is not proprietary to a particular individual or group.

Collapse -
(NT) LOL
by willeiy / March 16, 2008 3:33 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree
Collapse -
Edited your post?
by Edward ODaniel / March 16, 2008 3:25 AM PDT

Why didn't you leave it as it was Angeline? Why did you leave off your last lines which were:

(d) all of the above in an effort to start something

My guess is d.

If you REALLY thought that was the purpose of my post why didn't you delete the whole thread? Why did you allow W-H's initial post to remain with its "zinger" (supposedly prohibited and cause in the past for deletions)?

The first two responses as well as W-H's right up to his last remark in which he purposely attempted to divert any discussion to Iraq were pretty much on the mark - different rules for the rich and priviledged.

Why do you moderators stand by and allow the same persons time after time to drive threads south? W-H's "fingerprints" are on just about EVERY locked discussion and on each it is easy to see the effort he puts into causing the degeneration.

Collapse -
glad to see you are never to blame
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 3:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Edited your post?

would you like to back up your claims with facts.

count all the locked posts and let us know the results.

should I submit my DNA?

at least you will know I have only been who I post as. should we DNA some of the newer members? now that would be relevant and pertinent.

not to mention, but I will, enlightening.

Collapse -
Let's move on, OK?
by Angeline Booher / March 16, 2008 3:47 AM PDT

At least in my area the storms of yesterday are over. The birds were singing this morning, and the leaves are coming out on the willow trees. There are some jonquils in bloom.

There is beauty in the world to enjoy, rather than always looking on the dark side of life. Picking fights and getting even is a waste of precious time, and can make for a lonely life.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
let the sunshine in
by WOODS-HICK / March 16, 2008 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Let's move on, OK?

are words that I live by.

I surround myself with the beauties of nature. I surround myself with beautiful people. that is my nature.

while doing this exorcise I have fed the birds and the deer. I have cleaned the little stream. I have helped my neighbor re-post his property line. I have made my mother breakfast. I am never or will be lonely because my heart is pure. that is my nature.

remember I am not tied to a desk, I can do this from the yard. this is only one side of a multi-faceted existence.

I know there is always room for improvement.

so I wish your day to continue to be pleasant and I do heed your advice (most of the time) Happy

Collapse -
alvi plus few more but go ahead
by willeiy / March 16, 2008 3:59 AM PDT

you fool yourself alone

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?