TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

HDTVS

by liquidspartan1 / August 24, 2005 10:17 AM PDT

Does anybody know of any model of tv that supports all 4 definitions(480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i) from either 30 inches up to 50 inches over $500.00 and under $2500.00, any help would be apreciated, i have searched online but nobody seems to be able to give me a straigth answer when it comes to this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HDTVS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HDTVS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HDTVS
by jcrobso / August 25, 2005 12:37 AM PDT
In reply to: HDTVS

About the only ones that do in your price range are rear projecton CRT HDTVs.
Most digital TVs have a native resoultion, most Plasmas are 1280x720. What they do is scan convert the other formats to 1280x720 and then display it.
Some of the DLPs will do 1080i native.
The best thing to do is go to the manufactures web site and get the specs.
Here is a good link that may be helpfull. John
http://reviews.cnet.com/Televisions/2001-6475_7-0.html?tag=dir.cat

Collapse -
HDTVS
by liquidspartan1 / August 25, 2005 7:22 AM PDT

well i check on every manufacturer site and they say they support all four different definitions but it doesnt say it will display all. Im looking for something that will support all definitions not just with my cable channels but also with the xbox 360 . I know fox supports 720p and all other channels do 1080i, so i dont want to buy something that only displays 1080i but no 720p

Collapse -
HDTVS
by jcrobso / August 26, 2005 2:11 AM PDT

ABC is 720 also.
Did you understand the other post?? Go to the link and read???
What is meant by supports is it will display thoes resolutions. But it will ONLY display them at the highest resoultion of the TV.
So a plasma with 1280x720 as it's native format. Will down scan/convert 1080i to 1280x720p and then display it.
So ABC which is 720p will be displayed as is.
NBC which is 1080i will be down coverted and displaied as 720p. John

Collapse -
I don't carry one but
by sears tv guy / August 26, 2005 10:36 AM PDT

I believe westinghouse has a 1920X 1080 lcd for around 2500. Should be an ok tv and probably can get it at best buy or costco.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.