Question

HDTV sets - images can be burned into TV screen?

Feb 17, 2015 7:33PM PST

I was reading an owner's manual online for an LG 32" LED HDTV set I'm thinking about buying and it stated do not leave the TV on a channel for too long; more than 2 hours to avoid an image being burned into the TV's screen.

Does that mean if I'm watching The Weather Channel for more than 2 hours or any other channel the screen on the HDTV set can have an image burned into the screen? During bad weather threatening my area I have watched The Weather Channel for more than 2 hours a day straight.

Big Steve
02/18/15

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HDTV sets - images can be burned into TV screen?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HDTV sets - images can be burned into TV screen?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Remember you have asked a frequently asked question.
Feb 19, 2015 12:16AM PST

As such you may or may not accept the thousands of prior answers on this one.

-> Here's my thought on this. Since we live in a litigious world, the makers must protect themselves to the point of absurdity.

It's up to you to figure out what's what and what you accept as truth.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Image burned into tv screen
Nov 1, 2016 5:28AM PDT

Yes, it is possible. I had my cable box set to open on The Weather Network channel, and this morning I could clearly see the marks (logo, location and other info) burned on the left side of the screen. I turned off the box, and the marks are still there. Now I set the box to turn on to a different channel, but I guess is too late... Maybe it's time for a new tv. My Phillips is just 3 years old...

CNET Forums

Forum Info