Ok...been researching MiniDV for a couple of weeks (this is an excellent site by the way) and have gone back and forth from HD vs. non HD cameras. My wife and I are expecting in Oct and I think that you only have ONE first child...so why not record it with the best possible quality?
I am now down to these two models..HC9 Sony vs. HV30 Cannon. I have always had Sony cameras..but am willing to be flexible if another brand is as reliable. Which camcorder in your opinion would perform better with regard to the following criteria?
- low light recording
- ease of use (intuitive so my wife can use)
- ease of computer downloading (firewire correct?)
- camera durability
- more standard accessories that come with the camera
(high capacity batteries, HDMI cables..etc.)
- less costly after purchase accessories (2nd battery, charger,etc)
- video quality in SD & HD
- still picture quality
- ease of picture taking
- any other notable advantages or dissadvantages?
Thanks very much in advance!
Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!
CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!