General discussion

[HDMI prob] TV detects resolution from source - black screen

Please help, I have a 6 months old PS3 and 10 months old Samsung Plasma FULL HD TV.
Everything works fine before I bring my PS3 to my friends home and downloaded a lot of demo game **and updated. ***(I can play my ps3 with my TV before!!)
Now, i back to my house and when i plug it with my TV -> black screen, no sound, but the TV detects resolution of 1920p, when i hold down the power buttom of PS3 for 5s, TV detects resolution of 576p. Pretty much showing the TV got signal from my PS3 but what reason it wont display anything?
Weird things is, I bring my ps3 to the store and test it with other Plasma TV, everything fine with no problem

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: [HDMI prob] TV detects resolution from source - black screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: [HDMI prob] TV detects resolution from source - black screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info