General discussion

HDMI PC pc powers off monitor

i have this problem too.....i discovered that when i shut down my computer in my monitors source menu , Samsung p2470hd, hdmi is greyed out and it shows no signal beacuse it remotes itself in the PC mode(analog VGA) . U can select HDMI PC in the source menu when u open ur pc and u can see the image when WIn 7 logs on, still i cant see an image when it boots. My question is....is there any way for the HDMI PC in the source menu to stay active while computer shuts down or is in stand by????

Samsung monitor + Gforce 8300....i surely believe it is a monitor problem!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HDMI PC pc powers off monitor
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HDMI PC pc powers off monitor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
HDMI PC pc powers off monitor

soulfan,

If there's no digital signal being sent to the port, it won't be active. So if the computer shuts down and the HDMI signal stops, the monitor would usually go to standby and the port wouldn't be available.

If you can see the POST screen (boot screen), but then nothing happens after that, it's a Win7 driver issue. Have you updated your drivers to the latest version from GForce's website?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
check signal cable??? HDMI pc

its not a win7 problem ....the monitor is working when the welcome screen appears. My main concern is that i have to shut off and on the monitor everytime from now on . yes i have the latest drivers

I cant see nothing including when the pc boots till the welcome Win screen appears
And in stand by mode the same thing "check signal cable "floats on my monitor.

Last night i've seen a movie and programed the pc to shut down automatic at the end ....i fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the night and found it with the message"check signal cable".

My question is ... is there any way to setup monitor(w hdmi connection) to shut down when the pc tells him so????

- Collapse -
check signal cable??? HDMI pc

soulfan,

There is a sleep timer on the TV:
Press the [TOOLS] button to display the Tools menu. You can also set the sleep timer by selecting <Tools> > <Sleep Timer>.

If it's not showing the POST screen on startup, then it's loading the driver as Windows starts up, or the video card isn't instantly delivering the signal at startup.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
sleep timer

when in vga mode ur monitor shuts down automaticly do u expect in hdmi to setuo the sleep timer??? probably i will choose a dvi-hdmi cable cause i read on another forum that on the dvi source the monitor will recognize the signal from my pc to shut down. thnx for all , take care

- Collapse -
TV not going to sleep mode

Dear sir,

CNET Forums

Forum Info