General discussion

HDMI hook-up problems

We have an LG37LC2D-UD (June 2006 model) that we are attempting to connect to a Dell Studios XPS with and Intel (R) Core (TM): 7 CPU running Windows 7 Enterprise (6 GB RAM, 64 bit os). We tried to connect the high speed HDMI cable through the NVidia GE Force 310 sound card on the desktop cpu. We have great video but no sound. We are stumped. Any help would be most appreciated.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HDMI hook-up problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HDMI hook-up problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I might be wrong, but...

the sound should come out of the computer sound card speaker connection. Your video card has DVI output and DVI don't have sound as hdmi have.

- Collapse -
Is PC in HDMI default

Not being an expert on sound cards
If your sound card has the HDMI connection, it seems it should support some form of HDMI video and sound. I may be missing what you are trying to do; but have you checked to make sure you have the HDMI output selected, under audio(in tools). It is under the playback tab for 7 home edition. If you have the default set for speakers on the PC, you likely will not get any audio on the HDMI port; instead, it will pass through the external speakers of the computer(if connected). Perhaps I am under simplifying thisHappy

CNET Forums

Forum Info