Samsung forum

General discussion

HDMI/ AVI Connection Problem

by glinx26 / September 29, 2009 12:47 AM PDT

First thing I've noticed when I purchased my LA32A550P1R was it only detects connection on VGA (laptop to LCD) and one out of three HDMI connection (HDMI 3). All the rest (AVI, HDMI 1 & 2) can't be detected. Tried it on my PS3 for its avi, HDMI 1 & 2. Also tried the audio on my laptop. It doesn't seem to me last time as long as I can still use my PS3 using the HDMI 3. But this evening, the HDMI 3 can only detect audio. No video display whatsoever. I only noticed the problem when using my PS3. I can't say the PS3 have the problem as there are no other abnormalities on my PS3 (I can still hear the key tone on my PS3 as I navigate using my controller through the XMB (Cross Media Bar). Need advise. Thanks

Specifics:
Model: LA32A550P1R
Firmware: Not updated since purchase
Purchase: Aug 22, 2009

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HDMI/ AVI Connection Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HDMI/ AVI Connection Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
typo error
by glinx26 / September 29, 2009 12:53 AM PDT

It doesn't seem to BOTHER me last time as long...
-sorry-

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 29, 2009 6:48 AM PDT

glinx26,

Try changing the output resolution in the game console. Sometimes the signal works better when viewed at a lower resolution. From what I can guess, it may be a HDCP issue, since the audio shows up and the video doesn't. Adjusting the resolution may help.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by glinx26 / September 29, 2009 10:40 AM PDT

I'll be having problems changing the settings from the game console as I can't see any video. I also don't have any spare TV. But anyway, I'll try to figure it out how to change it. Then what about the other connections? Is it hard drive issues? Would you recommend sending it customer service?

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 3, 2009 8:35 AM PDT

glinx26,

Is it possible to connect it with composite cables (or a different cable) in order to change the settings?

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.