1. Does another hard disk fix the issue?
2. Does the drive fitness test from wdc.com call the drive good?
3. Are you using 80 conductor IDE cables?
4. What virus, spyware protection is installed?
5. Did YOU install drivers for the motherboard?
6. Is the BIOS the latest available?
No, not normal.
I have problem with HDD 80GB Seagate 7200 rpm EIDE ATA 133. After some time it loses boot record and it can't boot. There's no bad sectors, instalation of Windows XP is normal with no problems at all. What can be the problem?