3. Files = Yes. Most programs = No.
4. Most? No.
For many years this is all about preventing moving apps like this. Nothing has changed. Programs must be installed.
hi, i recently came into a rather large amount of money and am buying a high end gaming rig to finally replace my 7 year old fossil. I have a 500 gigabyte HDD installed in my old pc that has windows xp 32 bit home edition, this drive has over 7 years of photos and video files that take up roughly 400 gig of space. My new ssd is only a 120gig drive sp space is at a premium.
What i want to know is:
1. is it possible to just put my old hardrive straight into my new rig as a slave.
2. do i need to uninstall the old windows from my old hardrive
3. will i be able to access all my files and programs on the old drive.
4. can i transfer programs over to the new drive (game programs etc eg: world of warcraft, starcraft)
Any and all advice on this is greatly appreciated