HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

HDCP Error Problems with my samsung system

by rdeatsch / May 17, 2009 4:59 PM PDT

First let me start out by telling you what system I have so you will be able to help me better.

TV:Samsung LN40A650
Blu Ray:Samsung BD-P1600
Reciever: Pioneer VSX-1019AH
Game System: Xbox Elite Special Edition Resident Evil Package(Red)
Power Center: Monster HDP2400
HDMI Cables: Monster M1000HD

I just got the entire system hooked up the other day. Ive been puting it together for the past 6 months with very few issues at all. I had a HDCP error message pop up about two months ago when I was watching an HD DVD through my xbox. Back then I had the samsung reciever with the HDMI imputs for audio.(Dont know the model number) It only happened one time during the movie beowolf. After this encounter, it did not happen again. I just recently added the New pioneer reciever and the samsung blu ray player replacing my PS3 and samsung reciever. It worked great the first night without any issues.

Tonight I tried playing a game with my friend on my xbox. It worked for the first hour then it started sutting in and out and displaying HDCP error on my reciever. It wouldnt stop evena fter all the cables were unplugged and replugged in and the entire system was restarted. I then proceeded to watch a blu ray movie to see if it was just my xbox. After 30min of not having any issues watching my movie, the system started to cut in and out again and displayed another HDCP error message.

Im trying to figure out how to fix this error. I thought it was just my xbox but since my blu ray player is doing it too, i dont know what is going on. It dont think it is the reciever since this did happen once with my old reciever using my xbox as stated in the paragraph above. I highly doubt both my xbox and my new blu ray player are the problem. My Playstation 3 VEVEr had an issue though and thats whats confusing.

What I've narrowed it down to is either the TV or the cables being used. Can anyone help me with this? Please give me your input.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HDCP Error Problems with my samsung system
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HDCP Error Problems with my samsung system
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HDCP Error Problems with my samsung system
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 21, 2009 12:06 PM PDT

rdeatsch,

If you know what it takes to get the unit to offer up the HDCP error, try doing the same thing and bypass the receiver - hook the units up directly to the television and see if the same, or similar issue occurs with the television.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Tech
by rdeatsch / May 22, 2009 7:25 AM PDT

I called Samsung and a tech came out to my house. It was still doing it when the cable was connected directly to my TV. He replaced the main board but I am still having the same issues... He thinks it could be the Tecon(dont know how to spell it). Do you have any other ideas?

Collapse -
Samsung Tech
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 22, 2009 8:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Tech

rdeatsch,

It's good that the technician got to see it - that's always a plus.

I do have a significiant disadvantage when a tech can see it and make a recommendation, and I can't see the symptom OR the internal television at all. I would definitely let the technician perform his expertise, and if that doesn't fix the issue, there are other options available.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.