Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

HD player and running

I am interested in buying a hard drive player. I plan to use it on long trips as well as running at the gym. So, needless to say I need one that can hold up strong. I noticed that somebody else posted something like this but there was never a good answer. So I need to know whether the 20-40 gb players really have a problem with someone jogging/running with them? Or do certain types hold up better than the others. Thanks!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HD player and running
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HD player and running
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: HD player and running

In reply to: HD player and running

There is no good answer to this one. It's why you use a FM radio and some FM transmitter from your HD MP3 player or just go back to solid state. The new smaller HD players are nice, but the makers will not stand up and tell you what you want to hear and back it up with the warranty.

At the some hundred dollars, its a shame you can't rent one for a day.

Bob

Collapse -

It depends on if you have a really bad rythem in your stride . . . if you're really choppy, yeah you could run into problems, but for the most part, i wouldn't, and haven't worried about damage to my HD while running. It you're really parranoid about your HD, then you could looking to getting one of each HD and flash player. But instead of getting 2 separate players, get a neuros. It would come in three parts for you, the main brain and computer of the player, and the backpack that you needed at a specific situation.

There is a larger HD and battery pack so that you would have all your music
or
You could attach the smaller flash backpack which holds the battery to power the main unit (the main unit always hold the flash memory and cache)

it isn't the smallest player around, but by far the best in my opinion. www.neurosaudio.com
get involved . . .

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: HD player and running

No the neuros is not a player to run with and rcgfn please stop saying that. The player is huge. Your stride will not make a difference in whether the hard drive will crash or not, it's the timing of when the hard drive spins up. I would not recommend running with a hard drive player at all.

Collapse -

I'd be interested the same information as well. Until recently I used to jog with my Audible Otis and loved it. Now, it has all of a sudden died on me after about a year of use and I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

I've submitted a request for technical support after trying all their suggestions on their knowledge base. I have a feeling that it's probably a goner.

Thanks.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.