Question

Having trouble with invites in Black Ops on PS3

I realize that the PSN just came back from a month outage, but this problem affected me before and after the outage. A friend and I cannot get invites to work. To the best of my knowledge both of us can accept other invites just nothing from each other. We end up with a message along the lines of "game session is no longer available". Mind you this really just hurt us being in a party for something like TDM and we are mainly playing FFA now, but when we get to an empty FFA server, we still can't answer the invite. Hitting "join" works though, but again it all renders a party impossible. What could be causing this and how can we fix it? Just wondering if it has to do with anything router related, possibly the NAT type?
Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Having trouble with invites in Black Ops on PS3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Having trouble with invites in Black Ops on PS3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Check the news?

I'm reading it's still troublesome.

- Collapse -
My first sentence....

"I realize that the PSN just came back from a month outage, but this problem affected me before and after the outage."

- Collapse -
Did you try the usual?

Put the PS3 into the router's DMZ.

- Collapse -
yup...

having my buddy do it on their end the coming days because that still didn't fix it.

- Collapse -
If the PS3 is in the DMZ

Barring Sony and ISP network issues your side is done and proper.
Bob

CNET Forums