The basics are:
1) Back up your data off the machine if you have not so yet.
2) At the A:> prompt type in format C:/S, accept the format
3) Put the Win98 cd in and at the A:> prompt switch to whatever drive the bootdisk has assigned to the CDrom drive, likely E:
4) At the E:> prompt type in cd win98. At the E:\win98 prompt type in setup, and you are off to the races.
5) After Windows installs it's up to you to supply motherboard/modem/video/sound/etc... drivers for your various devices.
I reformated it once before but wit help from this one website but i cant find it anymore (i remeber it having like a lime green background)...im on my other computer...i tried to do it like 3 times already but keep messing up...this is how far i am right now on my 4th try...i insterted the boot disk and then waited for that to load...then i selected "get support from cd", or something like that...now im on the screen were it say <a:\>...what do i type in after this and do after it? Its a pentuim 2 and im about to re-install windows 98SE...do i put the windows 98 cd in the disk drive also with the boot disk? thanks for the help