Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Having problems logging in with Firefox AND IE

I can get in via SeaMonkey though.

IE shows me: The page cannot be displayed

Firefox: The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Is this a CNet "problem"............. or is it ME ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Having problems logging in with Firefox AND IE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Having problems logging in with Firefox AND IE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same here. I e-mailed

In reply to: Having problems logging in with Firefox AND IE

Collapse -
Thanks, good to know it is NOT me ;)

In reply to: Same here. I e-mailed

Collapse -
NO problem with FF only IE :(

In reply to: Thanks, good to know it is NOT me ;)

Unable to get into SV&S with IE. FF is not a problem at all.

At least I'm in good company...

Collapse -
Ohhhhhh..... YOU are ONLY having problems with IE??

In reply to: NO problem with FF only IE :(

I agree with At least I'm in good company... Happy

Collapse -
At least we know it is something

In reply to: Ohhhhhh..... YOU are ONLY having problems with IE??

with CNET and not all of us. LOL I will be back when it works in FF3 again for me. IE7 and IE6 before that always crawls here for me ever since that last upgrade with the forum software here a year or more ago so I won't use that here any more. I could use a break anyway. Happy

Collapse -
Your well-need break may be OVER Roddy :)

In reply to: At least we know it is something

IE and FF seem to be working fine for me now. Grin

If you're not already well into your break... you might have some catching up to do. Or not. Devil

Give it a try! (Not the catching up.. your browsers!)

Collapse -
I just tried Firefox

In reply to: Your well-need break may be OVER Roddy :)

again and I got in BUT. I am done for the night anyway. Happy

Collapse -
IF you c\p this link into IE.........

In reply to: NO problem with FF only IE :(

Collapse -
Ah, so it's not Opera...

In reply to: Same here. I e-mailed

I installed a pre-release version of Opera and started seeing the hhtest=1 in all of the forum URLs for the past several days but it never happened in Firefox so I blamed the browser. Tonight it's happening in Firefox too, though I haven't experienced any problems...yet. Fingers crossed.

John

Collapse -
I was getting that earlier--but not any more.

Any one else having issue still? They are definitely doing something on the backend.

Let me know if you guys are still having problems.

Thanks!
-Lee

Collapse -
(NT) All MY problems are gone - everything is working FINE again.

In reply to: I was getting that earlier--but not any more.

Collapse -
(NT) ALL problems resolved here. No more occurrences!

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks all!

Collapse -
Had the same last night

with FF only. I logged into my PC as another user and it was fine. What I eventually found is that sites I'd allowed as cookie exceptions had been changed to "blocked". I removed and re-entered the sites including Cnet. I had to enter my user/password again just one time and all has been well since. This is strange because I was doing something some configuration of a remote device at the time and either FF seemed to hang or the device wasn't returning that the changes were completed. I had to shut down FF and restart. After that, I could not get into Cnet using FF...only IE with the user I was logged on as. I thought something had happened at my end once I figured out the blocking was in place. Very strange. Confused

Collapse -
Seems to have cleared up.

But that new Honda ad...

Collapse -
Working fine here also with Firefox now which

In reply to: Seems to have cleared up.

was my main concern. IE is still slower than a snail here like it has been since the latest upgrade last year but as long as Firefox is quick, that is all I care about. I have a feeling that IE is slow because of the multitude of ads and the multitude of tracking cookies that get installed here because it is fine everywhere else that has no ads. I gave up trying to figure this out a year ago and just use Firefox here now.

Collapse -
The Lexus ad is far worse

In reply to: Seems to have cleared up.

I'm tired of that golf ball attacking from the corner of my eye....getting whiplash from jerking backwards to avoid getting beaned. Grin

Collapse -
Ahhhh...got rid of it I think

In reply to: The Lexus ad is far worse

using Flashplayer security adjustments. Whew....can take off the neck brace.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.