Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Having poor audio and some video skipping on my home DVD's

by JJohnson / May 16, 2006 6:12 AM PDT

I am trying to create a DVD from home movies using DVD Builder. the Intro to the DVD has pictures with a song in the backgound. This leads to the main menu to choose the chapter to play. I am experiencing 2 problems:

1 - the slide show in the beginning plays the song I attached (I have tried via an MP3 and tried using a WAV file), but the problem is that the quality of the audio skips/bumps at times. It is not a clean sound throughout the intro.

2 - on one of the chapters in mid play, the DVD jumps back to the main menu without warning.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to correct this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Having poor audio and some video skipping on my home DVD's
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Having poor audio and some video skipping on my home DVD's
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I had to replace my DVD Player.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 16, 2006 9:35 AM PDT

The one in the family room would not play recorded DVD material reliably. Sorry but I know of no other way to fix that.

Bob

Collapse -
Multiple DVD Players used to test
by JJohnson / May 18, 2006 4:27 AM PDT

A cheaper DVD player was definitely worse than the others I tried this DVD on, but even my higher end Sony was having problems. I tried using an MPG and a WAV file but still had the same result. Perhaps this was the software used. Do you have a good movie making software to recommend?

Collapse -
The best player I found so far is...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2006 5:12 AM PDT

My Philips dvp642. Try one of those. Since there is no standard DVD recorded media that will play on everything, I can only share what I found worked best.

Some go down that dead end path looking for better movie making software but once I got rid of the bum players everything got easy.

Sony is also not a good choice. Sony has too much interest in selling consumer DVD ready to view media...

Bob

Collapse -
It sounds like maybe your hardware is not up to the task.
by Art / May 20, 2006 6:57 PM PDT

Don't use the computer for anything else when you doing video; or maybe a dvd recorder might simplify things.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?