Desktops forum

General discussion

Have an HP Pavilion a6157c, trouble loading pages, help...

by vt53040 / July 7, 2007 11:06 PM PDT

I just got an HP Pavilion a6157c desktop with Vista Premium Home, E4400 processor (2.0GHz), 320 Hard Drive, 2GB RAM, Integrated Intel 950 Accelerator graphics "card".

I downgraded from HP a6077c w/ NVIDIA 7500LE card, because of monitor issues and keyboarding issues that kept being unresolved. I saved $300, but am now having trouble loading my Yahoo browser email. I freeze. Is this due to my graphics "card" (chip is more appropriate)??????

How do i resolve this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Have an HP Pavilion a6157c, trouble loading pages, help...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Have an HP Pavilion a6157c, trouble loading pages, help...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The GMA 950
by ozos / July 7, 2007 11:16 PM PDT

Doesn't have an effect on that, sounds like a connection issue maybe? What browser are you using?

Collapse -
Yahoo...
by vt53040 / July 8, 2007 10:02 PM PDT
In reply to: The GMA 950

Yahoo is the browser, but I need to go through Internet Explorer to get to it. With Vista, I don't have a dedicated icon anymore like I did with XP, why? I don't know. SHould I download a newer version of IE? I'm running the latest (7x).

Collapse -
Well
by ozos / July 9, 2007 12:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Yahoo...

It might not be Vista compatable, which might explain why it isn't working. If all you're wanting is the icon back, just right click on the .exe and create a shortcut, and drag that onto your desktop.

Also, I'd generally suggest Firefox or Opera as web browsers.

Collapse -
How is Firefox?
by vt53040 / July 9, 2007 2:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Well

I never went through Firefox. I generally use IE, because most systems come equipped that way. Is it better? How? Where can I download it? C-Net? Free?

Collapse -
Yes, most systems include IE
by ozos / July 9, 2007 11:36 PM PDT
In reply to: How is Firefox?

Which was the basis for a Supreme Court case involving Microsoft and the DoJ. Firefox is entirely free, cnet might have it on download.com (probably does). But www.getfirefox.com also works.

I'm not sure what your actual problem is, given that I don't understand your explanation of using the Yahoo browser "through" internet explorer. If you mean the Yahoo Toolbar thats a different thing.

Collapse -
Firefox...THANX!!!!!
by vt53040 / July 11, 2007 4:28 AM PDT

I just want to say Firefox has solved A LOT of my browser issues. (I was using the term "browser" wrong in the previous post, sorry). I got rid of IE, and downloaded the latest Firefox, imported my Yahoo toolbar, etc...and WOW! Things are soooooooooooooo much faster!!! No hanging, no freezing! AMAZING!!!! I wish I knew about Firefox before. Even the typing issues I've had in the past have gone away! I knew it had something to do with my homepage, but I was assuming it was because of Yahoo, not IE.

What makes Firefox so superior to IE?????

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.