Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Has the mainstream press finally caught on to Kerry's tales?

Maybe so:

John F. Kerry's campaign for president is imploding. And he knows it.

The anti-war candidate went public as a pro-war candidate this week, and the members of his beloved "Band of Brothers" are exposing a whole book's worth of ugly lies. And they've got details, evidence, footnotes, signed affidavits and witnesses who back up their claims.

Kerry himself bestowed immense credibility on his "Band of Brothers" when he used a picture of some of them in his campaign ad titled "Lifetime."

Essentially, Kerry made Vietnam, and these men, the centerpiece of his campaign. Of course, that was when he thought they'd support his candidacy. No matter that he'd never bothered to ask their permission to use them to promote his political career.
(Emphasis mine)

Did he really think that, having adopted a position so far out of the mainstream of his party, that he wouldn't attract all manner of (for him) unwelcome attention? But here's the part that gives me hope that, one way or another, we'll find out soon what the truth really is:

Of course, this whole matter could be cleared up if Kerry would release his Vietnam records and his personal journal. It's a simple matter to release these records, requiring only a standard Form 180.

So, Mr. Kerry, if you haven't been making up stories, and if the Swift Vets are lying, then release your records and prove your case. Trust the American people to discern the truth. Or have the courage to admit you lied, over and over again.

Of course, having courage ends the election campaign here and now, so we'll undoubtedly have to hear more "corrections" and "clarifications", while all the time Sen. Kerry seems more and more like the last Democratic president - and that won't get the job done, Senator!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Has the mainstream press finally caught on to Kerry's tales?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Has the mainstream press finally caught on to Kerry's tales?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Has the mainstream press finally caught on to Kerry's ta

In reply to: Has the mainstream press finally caught on to Kerry's tales?

I see a strong case of "buyer's remorse" coming on for the Democrats, lol.

DE

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Maybe McGreevey can step in >:)

In reply to: Re: Has the mainstream press finally caught on to Kerry's ta

Collapse -
That's about all they've got to offer!

In reply to: (NT) Maybe McGreevey can step in >:)

But he'll never come between The Two Johns, they're really really fond of each other, lol.

DE

Collapse -
Re: That's about all they've got to offer!

In reply to: That's about all they've got to offer!

Yeah, not much room between them here. But McGreevey sure does look fetching here

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Re: That's about all they've got to offer!

In reply to: Re: That's about all they've got to offer!

Ewwwwww! My my my..... this HAS to make Letterman and Leno, lol. Maybe SNL too.

DE

Collapse -
Re: Has the mainstream press finally caught on to Kerry's ta

Hi Paul,

I mentioned in another post the comments of one radio personality (can't remember who it was). If you presented as your defining experience in life and qualification for the Presidency your Vietnam service, and there are those out there that -- no mincing words -- are calling you a liar, wouldn't you be out there defending your honor in your own words? If you are truthful, it's as simple as releasing the records. I mean this is an attack to the core of his being and he's dodging and sending out his attack dogs to smear the SBVFT.

I'm with DE here, I think there will be quite a bit of buyer's remorse here. The question will be if they try a switcheroo? The Dems stand to lose a lot of Senate seats if Kerry cannot mount at least a competitive challenge. I can't see how his records release would help him and it could likely be the nail in his coffin. If the press has any credibility there's no way he gets the free pass through to the election. One has to wonder about who is strategizing for Kerry. It would seem that he could have gotten out ahead of this early on and used the convention to re-invent a different Kerry. Now that he has cast himself as the war-hero character, he doesn't get a second chance.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
All the marbles

I predict Bush will win all the marbles and Kerry will lose his. Silly

Collapse -
Re: All the marbles.....anybody remember the movie

In reply to: All the marbles

American League II with Charlie Sheen playing WildThing?

There is a scene in the locker room where the new Oriental player can't speak English very well and is chastising another player, trying to tell him he has 'no balls'.....but it comes out 'no marbles'.

Like that player, Kerry has none to lose (probably left them in Vietnam with his soiled shorts as he departed rapidly).

TONI

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: All the marbles.....anybody remember the movie

Loved it! No more marbles????
Glenda

Collapse -

Thanks, Toni, for speaking so respectfully of a combat veteran even though you disagree with his politics.

Very classy.

Dan

Collapse -
Could that be 'self-combat' vet?

and you're welcome

TONI

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.