Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Has anyone noticed

by dirtyrich / November 5, 2005 10:27 AM PST

the increase in kamikaze posts by some new members recently? They join and immediately begin to troll and flame.
I'm all for open discussion in SE... but these members seem to bepushing the limits, and I'm just wondering what other members and the mods think about this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Has anyone noticed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Has anyone noticed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Have seen it too but it just rolls right off harmlessly
by Steven Haninger / November 5, 2005 10:54 AM PST
In reply to: Has anyone noticed
Collapse -
You got a point, dirtyrich
by grandpaw7 / November 5, 2005 11:29 AM PST

The trolling and flaming should be left to you more experienced folk.

Collapse -
and thank YOU for a perfect example
by jonah jones / November 5, 2005 12:10 PM PST

of what he was referring to...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Not so, Jonah -- gramps has been around a long time.
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / November 5, 2005 1:24 PM PST
Collapse -
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so!
by jonah jones / November 5, 2005 7:30 PM PST

so this --> The trolling and flaming should be left to you more experienced folk does not equate to the original post...

and yes, he has been around for about a year, during which time he 'discovered' the old troll trick of being highly offensive and then making damm sure he 'apologised' in his next post....

Collapse -
We have the tornado trolls too
by Evie / November 5, 2005 9:02 PM PST

Spin through here every now and then, then disappear just as quickly only to return several months later.

Collapse -
Always regret disagreeing with you Jonah, but I fear that
by Ziks511 / November 5, 2005 7:57 PM PST

Gramps just gave us a perfect example of a tongue-in-cheek post, rather than one of the less pleasant kind.

Thanks for the smile, Grampaw.

Rob

Collapse -
What's wrong with being fair, Jonah?
by grandpaw7 / November 5, 2005 10:32 PM PST

Jonah, and dirtyrich, apparently feel that it is okay to accuse newcomers of trashing, but not to point out that oldcomers trash too. Strange attitude in my opinion.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're doing fine gramps
by duckman / November 5, 2005 12:52 PM PST
Collapse -
1 Tuff Crowd
by MeanDonnaJean / November 6, 2005 12:45 AM PST

After readin' this and one or two other posts here this early gloomy Sunday mornin', alls I can say is THIS:

DAMN! This is one helluva tough-*** crowd (and pleeeeze keep in mind that these words are comin' straight outta biker's mouth)...

...but I sure am lovin' every damn minute of it Wink

Hell, I think I may even stay a while!

Collapse -
Great!
by Evie / November 6, 2005 12:55 AM PST
In reply to: 1 Tuff Crowd

Welcome and hope you enjoy it here. I hope you realize you weren't among the hit-and-run trolls that were eluded too. If you stick around, you'll know 'em when you see 'em.

Stay safe on that bike. Yesterday we had some work done on our truck by the shop that did a lot of "performance work" on a car for my husband's friend when he arrived back safely from Iraq. A motorcyclist, taking advantage of a gorgeous day, sped by at least double the speed limit and all of our faces turned ashen and moods dampened simultaneously. Reason being same friend also got a bike on his return from Iraq. Wasn't speeding, under the influence or riding in particularly dangerous conditions. Just a newbie that apparently stood the bike up a smidge prematurely going around a blind corner and met with an SUV head-on. He is missed dearly Sad

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Just pixels on a screen. Never fear.
by EdH / November 6, 2005 12:59 AM PST
In reply to: 1 Tuff Crowd
Collapse -
I wonder
by dirtyrich / November 6, 2005 2:42 AM PST

through the years a few members who were consistently inflammatory decided to move on to greener pastures... I wonder if these "new" members aren't really that new?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Evil doppelgangers ??!??!?!?!?!
by duckman / November 6, 2005 2:49 AM PST
In reply to: I wonder
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.