Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Has anyone heard of this organization?

by Diana Forum moderator / March 10, 2004 11:21 PM PST

My nephew sent this one to me and I'd never heard of it before. Some of the links aren't finished so, I assume, it's a work in progress.

http://www.act4victory.org/

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Has anyone heard of this organization?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Has anyone heard of this organization?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Great site! Are those two young men that are pictured the owners? -nt
by Rosalie / March 10, 2004 11:32 PM PST

Collapse -
Ellen Malcolm =
by James Denison / March 11, 2004 2:43 AM PST

Notice the site is against certain people, but doesn't name the ones supported by any donations. All the people associated with this group are a rerun of the Clinton Administration. Check out the names involved in the article below.

Ellen collecting money for Hillary Clinton

The strength in Hillary's campaign comes from a
very political lady, Ellen R. Malcolm, who was the founder,
in 1985, of the aptly named EMILY's List.

EMILY claims U.S. Sens. Barbara
Mikulski, Dianne Feinstein, Patty Murray, Mary
Landrieu and a score of congressional people. The list has
about 73,000 members and in 2003 raised $23 million.
But don't be surprised to find that every one of these
ladies is of the Democrat persuasion; after all, Ellen
Malcolm is one of the grande dames of that party....(more at link)

Which brings us to a new pro-Hillary group that
is doing just what she wants -- attacking George Bush, and
attempting to diminish his lead in the polls. This
new group, America Coming Together, or ACT,
is led by the
one and only Ellen Malcolm. And she has help beyond
the expectations of a political fund-raiser. Rallying
around the Anyone but Bush cause is billionaire financier....(more at link)

ACT's planners are almost as interesting as their
money people, with many of them coming from the
AFL-CIO and the Clinton White House....(more at link)

Collapse -
Picture and news link.
by James Denison / March 11, 2004 3:05 AM PST
In reply to: Ellen Malcolm =
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/12/03/elec04.prez.hollywood/

Image link

Event co-chair Laurie David, left, speaks to the media Tuesday night. ACT President Ellen Malcolm is in the background.

==========================================

two newly formed political action committees made up of actors and Hollywood activists huddled Tuesday night in Beverly Hills to outline their goals and to dispute conservative media characterizations of their motives.

America Coming together (ACT) and The Media Fund are "determined to bring people back into the political process" and, according to ACT President Ellen Malcolm, address the...(see link, or not)

The Media Fund is headed by Harold Ickes, a key White House political strategist for Bill Clinton who helped his wife, Hillary, get elected to the Senate.

...Joining David as co-hosts at the event that was called a "Mandatory Meeting to Change the Leadership in America" were such backstage money-and-influence forces as Marge Tabenkin, political adviser to singer Barbra Streisand;...
Collapse -
Re:Has anyone heard of this organization?
by Mary Kay / March 11, 2004 12:57 AM PST

This looks promising. Bookmarked it. I want to follow it for awhile

Collapse -
[nt] Yes. It's Hillary Clinton's "at arm's length" political fund raising organization.
by James Denison / March 11, 2004 2:51 AM PST

Collapse -
Re: Has anyone heard of this organization?
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / March 11, 2004 4:20 AM PST

Hi, Diana.

Haven't heard of it specifically, but there are hundreds of grass-roots anti-Bush web sites cropping up, trying to even the playing field by reversing the Republican Party's sale of the government to Corporate America. Of course, the Republicans are getting worried, which is why you find posts like Ed's and James' trying to claim that the Republicans are the "grass roots" party, and that the Dems are behaving improperly by using the web to raise large amounts of money from small contributors. MoveOn.org, Emily's list, and ABB are three of the better known such groups. Another interesting group is
The Committee to Re-defeat the President; the "speech" by Bush on their site (it starts playing automagically when you visit) is really a hoot.

-- Dave K.
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Re:Re: Has anyone heard of this organization?
by Josh K / March 11, 2004 4:28 AM PST

Hi Dave:

I think the biggest clue that the Republicans are worried is the slew of "Kerry is a Martian!" posts we've seen in this forum.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.