HolidayBuyer's Guide

Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

has anyone heard of Innovatek?

by ranger41 / September 4, 2008 2:35 AM PDT

I'm interested in one of their Mp3 players, but I cant find any reviews anywhere - or any of their other products.....

anyone?

thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: has anyone heard of Innovatek?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: has anyone heard of Innovatek?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
See "Initech"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2008 2:49 AM PDT

It's just another label for import products you find all over. Little or no support so for cheap, if it works, fine.

Collapse -
by 'no support'.....
by ranger41 / September 4, 2008 3:04 AM PDT
In reply to: See "Initech"

by 'no support'do you mean customer service (returns if it doesnt work) or support for file types? The one I found has everything I'm interested in - multiple file types, 3 inch screen, TV outm and up to 4GB, but I dont know if I wanna spend the $67.95 (shipping included).

Collapse -
(NT) So tell a little more. Ebay?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2008 3:36 AM PDT
In reply to: by 'no support'.....
Collapse -
other than direct from the maker......
by ranger41 / September 4, 2008 3:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
Looks grim.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2008 3:46 AM PDT

I see no support links. "All sales final." and other danger signs. Depends on how brave you are.
Bob

Collapse -
found another site
by ranger41 / September 4, 2008 4:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Looks grim.
Collapse -
Now that one ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2008 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: found another site

I have bought from a few years ago. But I didn't return anything or call for support.

Collapse -
o.k.
by ranger41 / September 5, 2008 8:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Now that one ...

If you bought from that company and had no trouble, that makes me feel a little better....

Collapse -
Innovatek mp4/mp5 players
by adrian_121691 / September 29, 2008 12:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Now that one ...

If anyone has bought one from the internet, how good are the video and sound quality? I'm thinking about purchasing one but am unsure whether they're actually lame knock-offs. And how would you compare them to say the 3rd Gen ipods and the sansa fuze?

Collapse -
i have another link for them
by cadsii / September 30, 2008 8:07 AM PDT

www.hz-systems.com
yea its 100$ maybe 20 more then you will pay at some other places, but they ship from canada and us, so no customs bull ****. its 100 total with shipping issurance and tax i've bought 4 and had to return one, no problems they send me another with 3 weeks

Collapse -
Innovatek quality
by adrian_121691 / September 30, 2008 9:37 AM PDT

would you say that the quality of video is less than or as good as ipods? and do you know if there's charges to pay for imported items say from mp3playerstore.com?

Collapse -
Havent made a purchase yet,....
by ranger41 / October 1, 2008 9:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Innovatek quality

...but Mp3playerstore.com ships from Vermont. The return address if you have to return something is in Quebec. If you're in the US, the price they give and the $9.99 shipping is all you pay....

Now if I could just find someone to tell me something about the quality, I'd make the purchase in a heartbeat......

Collapse -
Quality..
by adrian_121691 / October 2, 2008 8:37 AM PDT

By quality i'm assuming you mean picture quality???

so here's some links about terms used on mp3playerstore.com describing the picture/video quality and you can judge for yourself if they're good

http://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=168

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QVGA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_film_transistor

Collapse -
Tradestead
by adrian_121691 / September 30, 2008 10:48 AM PDT
Collapse -
what about duties
by cadsii / September 30, 2008 12:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Tradestead

yea and another 50$ for UPS brokrage for coming from Hong Kong

Collapse -
mp4 players
by adrian_121691 / October 1, 2008 11:57 AM PDT
In reply to: what about duties

are you serious?

i've checked the faq and stuff on the site

did you have to do that?

Collapse -
dont believe me try it
by cadsii / October 1, 2008 12:21 PM PDT

sorry couldnt reply below to many spans

Collapse -
FTZ zone
by adrian_121691 / October 1, 2008 2:25 PM PDT

well i'm in a FTZ zone... does that cancel out the taxes?

Collapse -
Innovatek -- You get what you pay for
by webkennection / November 15, 2008 4:07 AM PST

Bought the Innovatek Touch MP3/MP4 player. Most features do not work. About the only thing it is good for is playing MP3(s) and then you can not organize by album or artist. The video player does not work, the game does not work. Setup is awful and the text is black on dark blue screen. Software that comes with it does not work. CD that came with player had multiple trojan viruses -- Chinese are famous for installing trojans by embedding them in electronics.

Typical Chinese junk. Okay, so it is cheap and looks nice.

Collapse -
ok but for the others mp4-mp5 players?
by seb281 / December 6, 2008 1:21 AM PST

Hi,

Ok so I know now that the Innovatek Touch is crap.

I'm also looking for the MP5-305TV and the MP5-288 that you can see on that page : http://www.mp3playerstore.com/buy_it_now__/mp3_cd_player.htm#2

I'm also looking for the one on this page : http://hkingsound.en.ec21.com/product_detail.jsp?group_id=GC02246417&product_id=CA02249954&product_nm=2_8%22_MP4_Player_with_TV_and_Camera

I think it's not an Innovatek player but it says you can watch TV and have a camera in it!

If someone have tried one of the players I mentioned, please leave me a comment if it's good or not.

Thanks a lot!

Collapse -
That TV is dead in just a few months.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2008 2:27 AM PST

"Don't buy."

Collapse -
ok then I will forget this one
by seb281 / December 6, 2008 3:37 AM PST

Ok, so you mean this one : http://hkingsound.en.ec21.com/product_detail.jsp?group_id=GC02246417&product_id=CA02249954&product_nm=2_8%22_MP4_Player_with_TV_and_Camera broke after a few months? Ok, so I will waste my money then! Thanks to have respond me!

So, for the 2 others I am looking at (the MP5-305TV and the MP5-288), is there someone who has tried one of these? Please let me know!

Also, I just read the description of the MP5-288 and it said : "Support NES, GB / GBA Nintendo games, 3-D games and support FLASH games" How can that be possible???

Collapse -
oups
by seb281 / December 6, 2008 7:10 AM PST

oups, I made a mistake lol, I mean that I will not buy the TV MP4 player... I will NOT waste my money!

Collapse -
Just a link explaining the end of TV as we knew it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2008 11:29 AM PST
In reply to: oups
Collapse -
You got the thing to work?
by dmartin_77 / December 16, 2008 5:05 AM PST

I bought one, but I can't even figure out how to transfer files. Any tips?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.