The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Has anyone at Cnet heard of powerpromote.com or digitalwave

by markopolo333 / December 11, 2007 6:27 PM PST

Powerpromote.com claims that Cnet and CNN rated them as one of the best websites. They are promoting a company called DIGITAL WAVEMEDIA,and I am considering buying there product(a website),but first,I want to know if they are real and if Cnet knows who they are,or if anyone knows who they are?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and time.
Mark

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Has anyone at Cnet heard of powerpromote.com or digitalwave
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Has anyone at Cnet heard of powerpromote.com or digitalwave
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Looks phishy to me...
by John.Wilkinson / December 12, 2007 5:08 AM PST

Mark,

I looked over the site and found it to resemble many scams I have seen before. The author used many of the standard scammer phrases and hook lines, inserted random quotes unrelated to his site as 'confirmation' of its validity, registered the website with an anonymous e-mail address and a random PO Box, has no evident business affiliations, and listed his middle name is listed as, quote, "**". (That's two asterisks.) In addition, I could not find any reviews or mentions of the website on Cnet or CNN, two of the supposed backers, or anywhere else for that matter. I have forwarded your message along so Cnet can take any appropriate action. In the mean time I would not submit any information through that website or do business with them.

Regards,
John

Collapse -
Thank you for your help!
by markopolo333 / December 13, 2007 12:56 PM PST
In reply to: Looks phishy to me...

This has helped me to make my decision,thank you very much for your time and help,John.
Sincerely
Mark

Collapse -
I'm going to send their website address to our legal team..
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 12, 2007 5:19 AM PST

to investigate. Just to check to see if what they state on their website's front door of "#1 rated site on CNET" checks out.

Just to let you know, I did a quick search myself to see if CNET and their company had any association with one another or if CNET had reviewed the company's products, but nothing turned up.

Personally I would ask powerpromote directly to give some reference or documentation for the proof that CNET does in fact rate their site as #1... I see our company logo on the site, but where is the backing of that info?

Anyways I'll forward this to our legal team to check out and hopefully they can turn up some info on this company.

Thanks!

-Lee

Collapse -
Thank you !
by markopolo333 / December 13, 2007 1:00 PM PST

Thanks a lot,Lee,for your help. I will do what you said to do on my part. Your help is appreciated.
Thanks again
mark

Collapse -
Follow up: Good thing you asked Mark...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 12, 2007 7:17 AM PST

I just got word that they are using CNET's logo without our permission. And our legal team on it now.

I'm agreeing with what John said above, that this business is a bit fishy. And to be on the safe side, I wouldn't submit or do business with these folks.

-Lee

Collapse -
Thanks again,Lee!
by markopolo333 / December 13, 2007 1:07 PM PST

I really am grateful for people like you guys on Cnet. Without you,people like myself would be out of luck.
Thanks a lot once again!
Mark

Collapse -
i think i just felt for the scam
by donella99 / March 5, 2008 6:16 AM PST

i saw your logo at the power promote website that claims to be linked to you,and now i fond this forum.do you know of any legal action i can take or any step i can take to avoid any further damage?? i'd really appreciate it.
bad news i aready paid the 47 bucks and no answer from them.
i cant believe i was so naive!
Thanks in advance
donella

Collapse -
So Whats the verdict
by willieferg / April 24, 2008 7:33 AM PDT

Does anyone no for sure if these guys are legit
It's been over a month since you posted Did you ever get your money back

Collapse -
They are phony
by donella99 / April 25, 2008 11:27 AM PDT
In reply to: So Whats the verdict

The answer my email back ,but sent a long and complicated instructions to fallow.
then never got my money back.
Just dont trust them
DD

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!