General discussion

Hard to hear sound on DVDs

I have a Sony DVD player hooked up to a Sony Wega TV. While watching DVDs, I have to turn the sound up all the way sometimes to hear the dialogue, then turn it down when music plays. I can hear regular TV programming just fine at less than half volume. I have a components connection. What do I need to do to get better sound? Thank you for your help. Dave

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Hard to hear sound on DVDs
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Hard to hear sound on DVDs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A guess.

Sounds like dvd audio is set to surround. Is there a way to set this to stereo on the dvd player?

- Collapse -
Thank you

Art: Thanks for your input. I'll try to figure out how to change the sound from "surround" to "stereo." I don't really know how to operate the dang thing. Again, thanks for the suggestion!

CNET Forums

Forum Info