Computer Help forum

General discussion

Hard drive to hard drive data transfer

Hi,

I am getting a new workstation at work. I would like to know how I can move the data from my present hard drive to the new hard drive in an easy and efficient way.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Anand.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hard drive to hard drive data transfer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hard drive to hard drive data transfer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Define EASY.

In reply to: Hard drive to hard drive data transfer

For me it was all too simple. I restored from my backups.

For others, they don't have a backup or disaster plan and they are not ready.

-> What's your backup and disaster plan today?
Bob

Collapse -
If it's a work system

If it's a work system, where are the IT people who should take care of all this for you?

Collapse -
Tornado for transfers

I use The Tornado, it's neater than sliced bread. I love it!

@
\)/
Rose

Collapse -
And just how neat

In reply to: Tornado for transfers

And just how neat IS sliced bread really?

In the words of the late George Carlin, "So this it huh folks? A couplea hundred thousand years. The pyramids, panama canal, the great wall of china... Even a lava lamp... To me is greater than sliced bread. What's so great about sliced bread? You got a knife, you got a loaf of bread, slice the f--king thing!"

Collapse -
Using the Toronado

In reply to: And just how neat

How easy is it. I bought one and I can't figure out what the instructions say to do. All I KNOW it has TWO USB conections and No
Software to install. Do you Drag and Drop? or Copy Paste to another
Computer? And will it work with Itune Songs with same autherization.
Thanks....Musicman.

Collapse -
Tansfer any kind of folders or files

In reply to: Using the Toronado

It's very easy. You can drag and drop or copy and paste. Basically you do the same thing as if you were transferring files from one folder or partition to another in Explorer. Only in this cases you have a split screen with two "Explorers", one is This PC and the other is The Other PC. You drag your files from one "Explorer" to the other right on the screen. You can do it on either of the PC but I would recommend you stay on one PC to do it or you sure can get mixed up! LOL

Here is some info and screen shots. Just Google 'The Tornado files transfers' and you will get several hits.

http://www.ecost.com/Detail.aspx?edp=37192288

@
\)/
Rose

Collapse -
Tornado

In reply to: Tansfer any kind of folders or files

Thanks Rose for your input. I knew that my misspelling of the SUBJECT
DID'NT Bother you like these others that don't give any help at all
bothers them. OH! well.....Musicman

Collapse -
Tornado, Tornado or Toronado?

In reply to: Using the Toronado

I wonder when I see the same user post with variations like this.

However the results of such USB cables varies with the situation. A recent owner bought one at the seller's suggestion only the seller was the usual salesdroid and didn't know these didn't work on dead machines. Said droid thought it would turn the (dead) machine into something like an USB HARD DISK.

In closing, try some of those spell checkers next time.
Bob

Collapse -
Will the Tornado work in these circumstances?

In reply to: Tornado for transfers

Hello

Thank you for the information about the Tornado. I have an all in one computer (Xperian)which is not 'dead', but the screen no longer operates properly, although it does show various colours.

Do you know whether I could transfer information from the 'poorly' computer using just the screen of the receiving computer.

Thanks

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.