General discussion

Hard drive failing per PC Doctor

I have an HP Pavilion a6750t less than 2 years old. HP Diagnostic Tool says the hard drive is failing. It is working ok but I Googled the error code and the answers were PC Doctor is usually right. I opened the case to see how it is setup. I've worked with IDE but this is Sata. The drive is inside a metal frame that looks like it should not be removed. Connections to the Motherboard are very close to the side of the drive where the 2 screws on the hard drive are located. The HP site does not show a frame around the hard drive in their instructions. Is anyone familiar with this setup? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Hard drive failing per PC Doctor
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Hard drive failing per PC Doctor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try Hp?
- Collapse -
HP.com site

Thank you for your reply and the link. I want to answer your question before I go there. I did go to HP site. They have instructions with pictures and a video on how to replace a hard drive for both HP and Compaq PC's. Neither, however, showed a metal frame around the hard drive and I was afraid to proceed on my own. Perhaps I just did not get to the right place. Thank you again for the link.

- Collapse -
Good to read you tried.

I have read too many manuals and if I see a service manual I know to make a bee line to that manual.

Glad to read you are moving ahead on this!
Bob

- Collapse -
Printed the manual.

I opened the case and I see what to do. The release lever I would never have thought to push. Thank you again for your time and help. I can now order my hard drive knowing I can install it. And a thank you to all of Cnet for the help over the last 5 years.

CNET Forums