Question

hard drive

<font size="5">I have Windows 7 installed on my computer. What can I click that will tell me how many gigabytes of hard drive space that I have? Thank you. user470
</font>

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: hard drive
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: hard drive
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
It's the same as in all other Windows OSes.

Find your "Computer" icon, (used to be called "My Computer" in XP and earlier) and click it. That will show your hard drive usage and space.

Right click your hard drive and select Properties for more information.

I'm surprised you don't already know this. You have been using XP for years and Win 7 for some months now.

Mark

- Collapse -
To MarhFlax

To MarkFlax: <font size="5">I did what you said and the screen said that my hard drive (C Drive) capacity is 221 GB. Does that make sense? I did not think I had that much hard drive space. user470
</font>

- Collapse -
You should see used space and free space

The combined total is (roughly) the size of the partition on the drive. The hard drive capacity can be different from what shows as that of the drive by its letter. If the drive is partitioned to occupy the entire physical drive space, then the used and free space numbers approximate the drive size. This can get confusing but doesn't need to be. Actually, the better place to look is under disk manager as it shows partitioned and unpartitioned space on physical drives.

CNET Forums