PC Hardware forum

General discussion

hard drive

Hi there, I am on windows me. I currently have a 20gb hard drive and ecided to have another, however they both show up in the bios, but the new one doesnt show in my comuter?
Any help is appreciated!
thanks
gregor

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: hard drive
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: hard drive
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Please tell us how they were installed

In reply to: hard drive

jumpering, both on the same IDE cable, drive mfr's name [may affect jumpering], how did you format the slave [did you use EZ Bios or some other overlay program??] [if so the Master will not be able to read it, if it is FAT 32.]

Just give us more info PLEASE.

Collapse -
Re: Please tell us how they were installed

In reply to: Please tell us how they were installed

erm, i have the drive with the operatin system set as master (jumper) and the other as slave(jumper) i had a 2gb drive in there b4 and it worked fine.
I think its a fujitso not to sure.

Collapse -
Re: Please tell us how they were installed

In reply to: Please tell us how they were installed

erm, i have the drive with the operatin system set as master (jumper) and the other as slave(jumper) i had a 2gb drive in there b4 and it worked fine.
I think its a fujitso not to sure.
And i dont think its FAT32, the drive is brand new, so i have no idea.
thanks

Collapse -
You don't seem to understand some

In reply to: Re: Please tell us how they were installed

basic aspects of my questions.

Is the Master drive a new drive that you recently formatted and installed, or is the slave drive the only new drive? Please answer completely and make certain that we know which drive that you are talking about at any one time.

Did you FDISK the slave drive and then format it???

If you used MS's FDISK you were asked if you wanted to use large drive support, if so when you formatted it used FAT 32, if you said no it would use FAT 16.

If you used a third party formatting tool [maybe from a floppy that came with the drive] it may be a format that Windows doesn't recognize.

Collapse -
Re: hard drive

In reply to: hard drive

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.