General discussion

Hard disk +blur reay usb

Please advice whether we can play hard disk movie from blue ray or dvd player USB port

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Hard disk +blur reay usb
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Hard disk +blur reay usb
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
--

I can speak for the 3600/4600 models..
Yes, they play off hard discs/usb keys...so far I have added 500gigs to 1.5Tb without problems...even managed to put multiple hd's with a hub...but only 1 at a time can be accesese...

The only problems you MAY run into is that more and more avi's are not encoded the same...so some will play...others won't (again, Samsung, look to adding the VLC to a future update if possible ???)

- Collapse -
--

tigger000005,

I read ya loud and clear.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
re usb port of blue ray player

could you please tell me Samung blue ray in my country are not found
only Philips and Sony BDP S360 and Philips BDP 3000 I tried my portable hard disk to connect in toPhilips blue ray player Blue ray player did not read.the thing is that all format is in NTFS file for your kind information some dvd player can read thumb drive but not Hard disk
Actually I want to take double advantage some time i can use blue ray disk and sometime download from the internet whichever is possible.
Is there any option to do so ?

CNET Forums

Forum Info