The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Happy Diwali to all of you!!!

Its 21st October here in India, and today is Diwali the festival of lights And id like to wish all of you a very Happy Diwali
For people who don't know what it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali

And today is also the Hindu New Year Like to wish all those Indian's and Hindus and even Non-Hindus and Non-Indians a HAPPY DIWALI AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Happy Diwali to all of you!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Happy Diwali to all of you!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
hooray!!

In reply to: Happy Diwali to all of you!!!

When I was in undergrad we had a Diwali festival every year with dancing and comedy skits, good food, etc. I haven't thought about it since until I read this post, but great times!

-karl

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thats kool ...gr8 times for me 2....

In reply to: hooray!!

Collapse -
Happy Diwali to you

Although it isn't tomorrow (yet) for me, I'll be celebrating it as well.

It's nice to see another Indian on this message board. We're going to a party (usually last all night) tomorrow. What are they doing in India right now? I can only imagine the amount of celebration.

-Shantanu

Collapse -
njoy!

In reply to: Happy Diwali to you

In India its like hell, fireworks all over the place and every1 is partying ... bye

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and to you too

Collapse -
To Shimody

Sorry m8, but I've removed your post.

Your Happy Diwali is well received, and your advice to wish any call center operators a happy new year is good advice, but you then spoilt it by linking to your own personal site.

My apologies, but that's not allowed in these forums.

Please contact me through my profile email if you want to discuss this.

Regards,

Mark

Collapse -
THX...

In reply to: To Shimody

no biggie, thanks for the clarrification.

Collapse -
Thanks!

Back at ya'! Happy Here, my fam *cough* got some Indian take-out - nothing says special occasion like greasy food in polystyrene containers Grin

Hope it's a great one for all...

Collapse -
'06 or '07?

So will it be 2006 or 2007 in the Indian New Year? Or do they have a totally different number or name?

Collapse -
Hindu Calender...

In reply to: '06 or '07?

Collapse -
Yes I knew that the Hindu civilisation

In reply to: Hindu Calender...

was older than the western, but I didn't realise it was so much older. We seem to forget in the West that there are many civilisations older and wiser than we are.

A very interesting fact, that is.

Mark

Collapse -
Depends on which calendar you use. This applet....

Collapse -
OK

Thanks for the links! Nice info.

Collapse -
Mod - can you clarrify the posting of websites?...

In reply to: OK

my website does have my resume, and a link to personal/academic projects that I have personal interest in. is that okay? what are the guidelines on posting a personal or professional website to just inform folks?...

Collapse -
Gone!

In reply to: Mod - can you clarrify the posting of websites?...

I'm really sorry Shalin but I've removed your post again. I explained in reply to your email.

Your post wasn't in reply to someone else, it wasn't relevant to any questions being asked. If you want to include your web site address in your bio in your profile, feel free to do so, and refer to that if necessary.

But not in posts unless it is relevant.

Mark

Collapse -
Does that mean we are having a BBQ?

Give me a steak... medium rare Wink

Collapse -

In reply to: Does that mean we are having a BBQ?

there are celebrations during Diwali, but I'd stay away from steak considering it's probably the ultimate "no-no" food in the Hindu diet.

But I'll play along - do you want your steak somewhat or completely marinated in extra-spicy-curry-etc.? Wink

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.