The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Happy Dead Bird Day (Canadians)

by bozeman / October 5, 2006 3:27 AM PDT

I'm outta here today gang, off to spend Canadian Thanksgiving with the girlfriend's family down in Lindsay (think near Toronto, everything in Southern Ontario is Toronto to us Northerners).

I've been bad about keeping up with Net/Media casts and I have about 20 hours worth which will do me for a chunk of the trip. I don't know if I have the infamous 406 Edit, but we'll see. So we'll see what happens when you go 20+ hours of driving with a passed out GF (she sleeps anywhere) listening to Lost, RealDeal, Leo and twits and everything else. I'll be a changed man!

Anyways, just wanted to say...

Happy Dead Bird Day to my fellow Canucks, time to get outdoors for those fall colour photo shots!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Happy Dead Bird Day (Canadians)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Happy Dead Bird Day (Canadians)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Happy thanksgiving eh!
by SantiagoCrespo / October 5, 2006 7:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tryptophan -> Serotonin = happy lazy, Yay
by MrSkinny / October 7, 2006 6:16 PM PDT
Collapse -
Happy Tryptophan recovery day
by Owyn / October 8, 2006 11:49 PM PDT

Today is the stat holiday. Yesterday was when most families celebrated the holiday.

From North of 49

Collapse -
Wishing I celebrated yesterday now...
by navsimpson / October 9, 2006 12:57 PM PDT

...so full of pumpkin pie. Man - folks yap endlessly about the French being culinary masters, but all my favourite foods come from those delicious yanks. Well, their cooking is delicious I mean... Yeah.

One more hour of thanksgiving gluttony to go! What can I eat now?

Collapse -
Ugh, so full
by bozeman / October 9, 2006 11:52 PM PDT

Problem with travelling is that everywhere you stop, people want to feed you, ugh, I'm stuffed, slowly dying off here. Too much turkey! love the stuffing, but can't think of food till I drop those extra pounds.

I never even got all the net/mediacasts done because the GF didn't pass out on the way back, so decided I needed to get caught up on Jordan's books again and this time, not reading them, listening.

Books, so fat, so little time.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?