Speakeasy forum

General discussion

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE

by Mary Kay / April 20, 2004 11:53 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hope you have a good one Rosalie :) (NT)
by SteveGargini / April 21, 2004 7:35 AM PDT
In reply to: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE

nt

Collapse -
Re:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE
by Rolway / April 21, 2004 8:20 AM PDT

And Wish You Many, Many More Years of Happiness. Happy

George

Collapse -
And also a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE....
by John Robie / April 21, 2004 12:29 PM PDT

Haven't seen you around much, probably like me, don't like the slowness, so stay away, but seems to be improving a little.

John

Collapse -
Slowness John
by SteveGargini / April 21, 2004 4:50 PM PDT

It's possible that the slowness may not be the fault of the forum. Criminals are deliberately sending millions of requests to some servers, and making blackmail threats to companies saying that they will continue to bombard their servers unless they make a payment. It just might be a server sharing the same gateways as this forum, hence the slow down.
I cannot remember the technical term for what the criminals are doing, but I can assure you it really is happening.

Collapse -
Re:Slowness John
by John Robie / April 22, 2004 8:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Slowness John

Hi Steve,

I recall reading something about that element of blackmail before. Believe CNet would have discovered something before now.

The slowness started around the 1st week of March. At first they though it may be because of the implementation of 'Search', but they discounted that. I've used 3 different web browsers at many different times thinking that may be the problem, but conclude it is not the browsers, as they will all slow down at intermittent times. The slowness does seem to be getting better, why?...phases of the moon...lifting of the hex..:p

Collapse -
Re:Re:Slowness John
by Mary Kay / April 22, 2004 8:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Slowness John

Is it getting better or are we just getting use to it being this way?

Collapse -
Excellent point...a wakeup......(nt)
by John Robie / April 22, 2004 8:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Re:Slowness John

Collapse -
Me too! Me too! - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE - (NT)
by crowsfoot / April 21, 2004 3:33 PM PDT

Collapse -
Dear Rosalie - Quick before the hangover sets in ...
by Mosonnow / April 21, 2004 8:31 PM PDT

Let us know whether you are gonna gorge on champagne brownies with your feet up, or live it up "on the town".

I'm going out to a fuddy-duddy concert tonight. It's by my choice, but I'm just hoping that I don't burst into laughter half-way through recalling silly-isms whilst hoping that you are having a fun evening on your birthday. Put it this way, ROFL probably wouldn't go down too well.

Have a good time.

Regards
Mo

Collapse -
Re:Have a .......
by Mary Kay / April 21, 2004 11:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Have a .......

This is nice, MzLee

Collapse -
Have a great one, Rosalie........and........
by MarciaB / April 21, 2004 9:50 PM PDT

.....as they say at the Funny Farm (sung to the familiar tune of "Happy Birthday to You"):

HIPPO
BIRD DAY
TWO EWE!!

HappyHappy

Marcia/Oregon/USA

Collapse -
Happy Birthday Rosalie - About Getting Older
by Pat S / April 22, 2004 8:22 AM PDT

Have a great day and remember these words of wisdom from my in-box:

ABOUT GROWING OLDER...

First ~ Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Second ~ The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Third ~ Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Fourth ~ When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

Fifth ~ You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Sixth ~ I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.

Seventh ~ One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.

Eighth ~ One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.

Ninth ~ Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

Tenth ~ Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf.

And finally ~ If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you are old!!!

A-M-E-N!

Collapse -
Re:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE
by Mary Kay / April 22, 2004 10:36 PM PDT

Rosalie wanted me to thank everyone for the birthday wishes,since shw was not able to thank you herself. She did not elaborate on the reason for this and I did
not ask.

Collapse -
Re:Re:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE
by Glenda / April 23, 2004 12:26 AM PDT

Mary Kay, didn't you read bLakes posts on someone, one of his friends being banned? I figured all along it had to be Rosalie, as the rest are still posting:(
Hope she had a good day too! Happy Birthday Rosalie!
Glenda

Collapse -
... nt...No Glenda, I did not read it. And if I had I probably wouldn't have associated it.
by Mary Kay / April 23, 2004 1:31 AM PDT

Collapse -
How hypocritical...
by John Robie / April 23, 2004 5:58 AM PDT

of you wishing her a happy birthday only now. If she is on a ban of some type, I would blame it on you and your protector for the agitation.

Collapse -
Re:How hypocritical...Nope!
by Glenda / April 23, 2004 8:31 AM PDT
In reply to: How hypocritical...

I wished her a Happy B-Day when I decided to finally open the thread! I do believe her getting banned was a result of her protecting her friends John! Had nothing to do with any of my friends! And if Blake hadn't come back and complained about his friends being banned no one would have known she was! If indeed that is the case! But You just go ahead and believe what you choose! No help for that! And BTW I wasn't even posting in that thread, I hadn't been online at all! I came in AFTER it was all over and had to ask what was said in the deleted posts! So you are very wrong about me agitating for anything!
Glenda

Collapse -
Re:How hypocritical...
by Glenda / April 23, 2004 8:44 AM PDT
In reply to: How hypocritical...
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.