General discussion

HANOI JANE WEIGHS IN

We haven't heard from Jane Fonda in awhile, but all that has changed. She has apparently adopted the tactics of The Poodle. Fonda came out recently and slandered U.S. troops by calling them all "killing machines." Merry Christmas to you too, Ms. Fonda.

Said Hanoi Jane to the Washington Post, about the killing machines, who weren't killing enough, causing the Military to change procedures: "When you put young people into an atrocity-producing situation where enemy and civilian are commingled, where the 'other side' is dehumanized, we cannot be surprised." Boy, it sure would be nice to see proof of all the atrocities American troops are committing in Iraq. Yet, for some reason, just like John Kerry and Vietnam...the evidence is lacking.

So what proof does she have of her theories? She says she was in secret meetings with military psychologists. What's next? Jane Fonda on Al-Jazeera trading rocket launchers with Al-Qaeda? Perhaps there's a role she could play in the next beheading video

she should have been shot for her actions during the nam war and again shes spouting lies
http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HANOI JANE WEIGHS IN
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HANOI JANE WEIGHS IN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
And I suppose

it will be another thirty years before she apologizes to the troops. I hope every single one as they return home spits on HER for a change.

TONI

- Collapse -
MODERATORS!

To say that a personality like Jane Fonda (or any other peaceful and non-criminal person) should be shot is over the line IMO.

Please delete this thread and consider banning the poster. This is asking for assassination of a non-criminal person!

- Collapse -
Please don't tell me how to do my job

He didn't ask for her assassination...he said she should have been over 30 years ago since she herself admitted to harming our military with her actions. Perhaps a trial for treason would have been better but she skated off scott-free with an extremely late apology. Just as she will now.....

TONI

- Collapse -
I didn't tell YOU to do it!

I didn't even expect YOU to do it. But I guess it is OK to ask for GW's death as long as it is in reference to his past...

- Collapse -
when did gw become a traitor?

wheres the proof?

and asking or saying to kill the presidents a good way for the fbi contact youHappy

- Collapse -
Tibbs....

Though some here read and like the source of the post, some here do not, myself included. The report is the opinion of one person.

However it is an opinion shared by the poster, who served 2 tours in Vietnam, as well as some others here.

Neither you nor I can conceive of the horrors of that war that were actulaly experienced by those in the thick of it.

Personally, I do not know of one 'Nam veteran, family members included, who do not share the very negative opinion of Jane Fonda's actions there. She cared no more about the South Vietnamese, the military forces, or any victims than other celebrities who went to Nam to entertain and visit with the troops and the people there. This did not mean that they supported that war or war of any kind, nor were no less lovers of peace than she was. However, they were wise enough to realize that our troops were there, and they merited our support.

She used her celebrity in a destructive way, and will join the list of those who draw anger, that includes Axis Sally and Tokyo Rose.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

- Collapse -
thank you angiline

you and the mods here say things so much better than i.
i let my emotions come out as you said and know i served there.

i am sorry if i caused the mods peobs with this post but ill stick with my feelings

- Collapse -
I'd like to clarify one thing, Mark

I am in no way defending what Jane Fonda did in Vietnam. I just think Boortz is misrepresenting her comments in this interview. Whether he's doing it unintentionally or on purpose only he knows.

As an aside (and to try to lighten the mood here a little), around 20 years ago I had a job as a waiter in a Greenwich Village restaurant owned by two brothers, one of whom was a Vietnam vet. Early in my employment he told me that he had very few rules but one of them was that if Jane Fonda ever walked in, we were to refuse to serve her and ask her to leave.

That never happened but one day Peter Fonda came in for lunch, with his not-yet-famous daughter Bridget. Since they had sat down in my section, I went over to my boss and asked if Peter was OK. He laughed and said "As long as his sister isn't with him."

BTW every now and then, just to bust my boss's chops, someone would suddenly shout "INCOMING!!!" just to see if he'd hit the deck.

Grin

- Collapse -
i agree josh

you dont judge a famially by the scummy traitors act.
if i ever meet her face to face i hope i can control my hate.

- Collapse -
I hope you can too

If you despise her that much, then she isn't worth going to prison over. Not to mention that it would reinforce the "killing machine" statement.

Better to tell her how you felt when she did it and make her confront the issue, right?

- Collapse -
id never lay a hand nor hurt her

but her ears would ringHappy

- Collapse -
Mis-representing? I don't think so Josh...
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/12/13/234848.shtml

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/08/AR2005120800686.html

You can read it for yourself in her book "My Life So Far"--not even good fiction.

"This began," Fonda maintained, "because the military discovered that in World War II and Korea, soldiers weren't killing enough."
"So they changed training procedures" to teach troops how to commit atrocities.

Interesting how she reappears after Ramsey Clark showed up to defend Saddam. Ramsey Clark went to North Vietnam and Hanoi Jane did him one better by getting her picture seated at a AA gun--will she have a new picture showing her supportive participation planting a IED in Iraq?
- Collapse -
I might be late but I agree with you

I'm an old solder who missed Granada by being in basic training and missed Desert Shield by getting out a year or 2 earlier. I was never trained to commit crimes against civilians. I was however trained to target center mass on olive drab pop-up silhouettes.

- Collapse -
Oh...Toni is NOT one of those....

...you addressed in your subject line? Seems to me you'd do much better complying with your own declaration, to wit:

<<<< "I will stop posting! Not because you say it, but because I see that even the moderators are paranoid.

Bye everyone!"

Posted by: Tibbs (see profile)>>>>> -

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) jack she cant help it
- Collapse -
I agree!

She should be.

Anything to say about her co-conspirator at the "Winter Soldier hearings", John F'n Kerry, recently calling our soldiers terrorists?

A really supportive statement for Kerry wouldn't you admit?

- Collapse -
"non-criminal person" ???? Let me know when the Jews........
- Collapse -
well tony i see tibbs as

a sympathizer she hasnt shown anything that would support diferent feelings.

- Collapse -
Boortz didn't read the Post article very carefully

1. The article is about the film ''Winter Soldier,'' which is about the Vietnam war, not Iraq.

2. The statement was not made by Ms. Fonda, but by a psychologist she says she spoke with, and was apparently made in 1971.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/08/AR2005120800686.html

In my book I talk about secret meetings I had with military psychologists who were really worried about what was happening to our combat personnel. 'We're turning them into killing machines,' one of them said to me.

- Collapse -
says what i read
- Collapse -
It seems to me, Josh...

Josh, it seems to me that the post that started this thread refered to things that she said in an email to the Washington Post. In it, among other things she mentioned the "Winter Soldier" hearings that she and John Kerry staged in 1971 according to the report that Mark saw. This e-mail was recent, not back in the past.

- Collapse -
The Post interview was conducted via e-mail

The subject of the interview was "Winter Soldier." The only time she ever mentioned Iraq was her statement, "Today the returning antiwar Iraq vets are being called 'unpatriotic.' We must listen to what they have to say."

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Read her book to disabuse yourself of that impression.
- Collapse -
So you read it?

I'm surprised; I didn't think you would.

- Collapse -
I also read Hanoi John's...

"Tour of duty", George Butler's "John Kerry: A Portrait", Bernard Fall's "Street Without Joy", Karl Marx's and Fredrich Engles' "The Communist Manifesto", Vo Nguyen Giap's "How We Won the War" and his "People's War, People's Army", and Peter G. MacDonald's "Giap: The Victor in Vietnam" as well as "Victory at Any Cost: The Genius of Vietnam's Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap", and "Mein Kampf" by Hitler and "Hitler's Second Book" by Gerhard L. Weinberg.

Like I was taught and always taught my troops, it is best to know your enemy. Unlike some seem to prefer doing I do not speak from ignorance and avoid clicking offered links--like you I actually try to read most all links offered.

Matter of fact, I would strongly recommend BOTH of the Giap Books as well as MacDonalds for those who do not believe how Demonstrators provide valuable aid and comfort to an enemy--they might open some eyes.

- Collapse -
that wont happen

because it would mean admitting being wrong and just look elections today never happen

- Collapse -
Whatever she was talking about in whatever context, I think

that by now she should have learned to keep her mouth shut. That's particularly true in the midst of a war.

- Collapse -
well she got away

with her tratiors tlk actions before she dosnt care

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) How do you know?

CNET Forums

Forum Info