Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Hannah Montana concert tickets - it's not right!!!

by Angeline Booher / October 16, 2007 12:25 AM PDT
Cyrus, daughter of country star Billy Ray Cyrus, is so popular that many parents have been unable to get tickets for their children, but thousands of tickets have wound up in the hands of ticket brokers who are scalping them online. Some tickets are going for more than 15 times face value, and at least one legal inquiry is under way, while Ticketmaster has received the brunt of criticism over the way tickets were distributed.

In April, Ticketmaster sued RMG Technologies in federal court, accusing the Steubenville, Ohio, firm of using automated devices that allowed users to get around Ticketmaster's security and purchase limits. RMG did not return calls or e-mails.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/333927_hannahmontanatix02.html

No link, but the only tickets available when parents immediately tried to buy them when they went on sale, could only find a few scattered individual seats available.

I notice that some State Attorneys General are looking to take action.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hannah Montana concert tickets - it's not right!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hannah Montana concert tickets - it's not right!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wonder if that's what happened in Kansas City
by Diana Forum moderator / October 16, 2007 1:21 AM PDT

Garth Brooks concert sold out in 4 minutes. So he scheduled another concert and another and another so the fans could see him. Is this a way to go around the scalpers? He may be playing to an empty stadium for the first concert.

Diana

Collapse -
From what I read .....
by Angeline Booher / October 16, 2007 2:30 AM PDT

...... in the comments at the bottom of this site:

I WAS ON THE PHONE BUYING TICKETS, WHEN THEY SAID FOR WHAT CONCERT ? I WAS SO HAPPY !!! I SURE HOPE HE IS BACK FOR A WHILE !!!!

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/1871

..... it could have happened with the first sell-out. He is known
in these parts" as very thoughtful toward his fans, so may have scheduled more concerts to be sure his fans vould buy tickets at their face value.

Kansas City, being about the geographical center of the country, is within striking distance for fans to come from all 4 corners.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
"Is this a way to go around the scalpers?"
by MarkatNite / October 16, 2007 4:41 PM PDT

That's one way.

Another thing some acts have started doing is allowing members of their fan club to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

Yet another method is to limit the number of tickets that any one entity can buy.

But the real problem in this case is that the promoter underestimated demand. i.e. she's playing too few shows at too small venues.

Well, that and some parents are enabling by paying scalpers prices. I mean, I've been to a ton of concerts in my life, and even when I was a kid, I always paid for my own ticket (with my allowance, or money I earned for my paper route, etc.) or I just didn't go.

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) This better never happen to Alison Krauss tickets
by Dango517 / October 16, 2007 7:09 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.