Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

hal.dll fix without recovery disk

by beastman5 / July 26, 2009 8:46 AM PDT

this is simply easy.. All you need is a laptop or a pc with hal.dll error and another laptop or cpu running any other os....ok here we go all you need is a usb or flash drive 256 mb and sometimes mabee smaller.. now download slax 6.1.1 ( small stripped down version of linux capable of booting fully from usb) just extract it to the usb drive and run the bootinst file ( if using vista u need to go to cmd first then type the usb drive (ex.. d: ) then enter then type boot cd enter then bootinst.bat .....once the file opens continue with instructions and your almost there... Now put the usb into the pc or laptop with hal.dll error ..... when boot menu is up type watever it says (like hit the f key for boot order or boot menue or something) when u hit the f key then change boot order to usb hard drive to the 1 slot and save and exit....now onlmost there just start the computer and let slax boot this will take a few minutes and if the letters on the screene stop just wait it out for a couple of minutes...now once u r in the slax desktop just go to browser And dowload a working hal.dll( has to be .dll not zip)look on google should b simpple enough...now once file is downloaded go to computer and find your hard drive go into system32 and paste the file it should look exactly like this HAL.DLL all upper case.. past and replace...go and shutdown the comp. and go to the boot menu again and put disk drive back to 1 on boot order ..boot up and everything should be good comment your resaults or questions

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: hal.dll fix without recovery disk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: hal.dll fix without recovery disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re hal.dll fixing
by Hazzbin / December 14, 2009 6:33 AM PST

Sorry I am an old fella, so hense the question.
Am I correct to understand that your post for fixing the above will work with a crashed Windows XP Home with update pack3......I did notice it was listed under the 'Linux' heading.
Many thanks in advance.

Collapse -
hal.dll fix without recovery disk
by theostra / April 25, 2011 8:27 AM PDT

when i enter boot us all it shows is a line for like hours plz help im not shure what i did wrong but i need help fixing this because when i boot it just sits at the same screen for hours

Collapse -
by theostra / April 25, 2011 8:32 AM PDT

i used 6.1.2

Collapse -
Just a tip.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 25, 2011 8:49 AM PDT

If you need to start a new discussion, avoid putting it in old discussions. For example there is no make, model, that is the details needed to address what appears to be a new discussion buried in this discussion.

Please create a new discussion with the details so folk can help you.
Bob

Collapse -
thxs
by theostra / April 25, 2011 9:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Just a tip.

i understand but i folowed his instructions and it didn't really work out

Collapse -
My advice is to make a new discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 25, 2011 12:48 PM PDT
In reply to: thxs

And don't spare the details such as make, model, STORY and what CDs we have to work with.
Bob

Collapse -
There it is!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 25, 2011 12:49 PM PDT
In reply to: thxs

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!