General discussion

GTX 980TI SC Fan problem HELP !!!!

Hey All

So got my new pc and having some trouble with my Grapics card...

I downloaded BF4 and played for a while no problem.Temps where good fans where spinning like they should.So next day i wanted to play bf4 and the fans where not spinning when the card was under load.
Around 80-85 ℃ The card blows hot air out of the side to reduce the temperature and when it's back up to 85 ℃ it does it again.

In evga precisionX 16 tool i saw that the fan speed bar was going up but the counter stayed @ 0rpm and fans where not spinning ???
The Fan speed is on auto and fan curve is on agrassive so ya...Don't know what here the problem is ?

Here are some pictures:

-https://gyazo.com/3416e4f5c69599bf66ebd8c7afade2de

-https://gyazo.com/8784d9c729ca56beec4e8987ece71d0d

PC specs:

-Evga GTX 980 TI SC GPU
-i5 4690 3.5Ghz CPU
-8GB 1600 Hyper X Ram
-MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: GTX 980TI SC Fan problem HELP !!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: GTX 980TI SC Fan problem HELP !!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You have to

un-tick the auto button and set the fan speed to the RPM's you want and click Apply

- Collapse -
Doesn't work ;/
- Collapse -
Better do as Bob suggest's than

I just did as you tried and my fan went to %100

- Collapse -
(NT) So you got any idea what is happening to me
- Collapse -
It's Broke ?

Bob gave you a evga forum to look into

- Collapse -
Just out of curiosity though

I think I would uninstall EVGA Precision x 16 and reinstall it and update
Might work , Might not Mischief
Couldn't hurt

- Collapse -
still the same

deleted and reinstalled the programm and still not working

The bar moves but the fans don't spin and the counter stays on 0rpm :c

- Collapse -
The bar usually is the "command to speed"

And the RPM is the measured result. Your top post tells us there is heat coming out of the card but let's forget the RPM measure and look at the fans directly. If they are no longer spinning, do a test by watching the fans with your eyes.

Have you kept up your canned air work? Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26y_6bnXNkc

- Collapse -
Weird

Well it the overheating begins and hot air comes out the fans spin for like 1-3 sec @ around 2000-400 RPM to reduce the temperature and if it's back up to 85-90 it does it again...

But yesterday it worked fine and had no problem with it.

Realy weird

- Collapse -
So no answers to my question?

I know folk only want answers today. But sometimes it helps if you answer a few questions from other folk.

- Collapse -
If you only

deleted some file , you didn't uninstall EVGA Precision x 16.
Did you go into Programs and Features and Uninstall it ?

Also Bob supplied a link about using canned air

- Collapse -
I'd post in the EVGA forums.
- Collapse -
?

What do you mean with hysteresis ?

- Collapse -
It's how you avoid the fans kicking on an off too much.

The word and more is on the web and how I see fan and other controls done over and over. Not much a need to hold class on an engineering topic like this one with the web ready to tell all about hysteresis.

CNET Forums