Resolved Question

GTX 1660 ti vs RTX 2060

I'm looking to upgrade from the 750 ti and considering the two mentioned and I have to ask if I'm imagining things or are these 2 GPUs pretty close spec wise only the RTX does Ray Tracing ? I don't care about the Ray Tracing and from what I understand with that function turned on it decreases the frame rate ? Opinions and suggestions please ?

Discussion is locked

itsdigger has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer
Follow
Reply to: GTX 1660 ti vs RTX 2060
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: GTX 1660 ti vs RTX 2060
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Not much to add here.

Any added feature does reduce frame rate. The RTX 2060 still should win all your frame rate tests given it has more cores and so on.
RTX 2060, 1660 Ti and then plain 1660.
CUDA Cores 1,920 1,536 1,408
RT Cores 30 0 0
Tensor Cores 240 0 0

If your budget allows for the 2060, that would be my choice since you may change your mind later and you can't add RTX later.

- Collapse -
Answer
Can we backup one step?

I'd like to know more about the host desktop since my example which I shared in CNET's Computer Help Forum can't make the leap to the RTX or 16x0 GPUs because it lacks the UEFI BIOS. This limited me to the 10x0 models.

- Collapse -
It's not up and running

as it's buried in another room since dad passed 2 yrs. ago so no speccy for now. I want to get it up and running to push a 65 in. 4k Roku tv I purchased last year and just getting around to hooking it up

I can tell you what's in it though from the orders on Amazon back in 2013

Gigabyte LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX DDR3 1600 Motherboards GA-B75M-D3H

Intel Core-i5 3350P Quad-Core Processor 3.1 Ghz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637i53350P

CORSAIR CX Series, CX600, 600 Watt, 80+ Bronze Certified, Non-Modular Power Supply

EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card 02G-P4-3753-KR

Kingston Hyper X Blu 8 GB (2x4GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 XMP Desktop Memory - KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX

I ordered the 2060 6 GB at Amazon but can cancel it..
Hope that helps .

Post was last edited on December 5, 2019 3:12 AM PST

- Collapse -
That motherboard has UEFI BIOS

CNET Forums

Forum Info