Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr Well, Picassa did it to me

again, lost all my pictures. That software has some irritating bugs that Google seems to not want to fix. All pics are in My Pictures, I go in to move one pic to Picassa and the whole Picture folder goes. At one time I had a thousand or more duplicates in Picassa and My Pictures. I finally moved them folder by folder, created folders in My Pictures which seemed to work. I opened each folder and 'select all' then 'moved to Picassa'. So once I got all that I wanted in Picassa, I went back to My Pictures and deleted the entire contents so there was no chance of "accidentally" moving them again to Picassa. So, I had Picassa fixed just right, and didn't need any pictures in My Pictures so I emptied the recycle bin and so was Picassa emptied. Now all my pictures are gone. GOOGLE FIX PICASSA NOW!!
Is there a way to get those back? I've tried a whole bunch of other software and if it weren't for those bugs Picassa would be the best. The others were either too difficult or not good enough. This is the third time I've tried and got burnt by Picassa.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr Well, Picassa did it to me
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr Well, Picassa did it to me
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You had better learn how to use it.

In reply to: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr Well, Picassa did it to me

GetDataBack can probably recover most of your pictures if you run it IMMEDIATELY!

Hint: It's not free.
Hint: My Pictures is almost certainly on C: where Windows installs most new things.

I would suggest learning how to use Picasso before deleting any more pictures.

Collapse -
did get back most from the C drive

In reply to: You had better learn how to use it.

really happy about that. I think there are bugs in that program because what happened wasn't a mistake on my part and it's happened before. Now I find myself 'walking on eggshells' with it to prevent this from happening again. The reason I try it again and again is because it's a super program, the tools are great. I have tried everything else it seems including the starter Adobe program and Picasa still beats them all. And being free makes it all the better. No other program has the 'fix' tools like this one. And one thing I've noticed between this and others, all the others 'crop' tools are crap. Not easy to use OR they just don't have it. Picasa still is great, I hope they fix the bugs which I know other people are aware of as well. One guy on this forum lost 14,000 pics. I'll read the read me notes and see if I'm doing anything wrong, in any case, I won't give up on it.

Collapse -
I think that there are NO BUGS in the program.

In reply to: did get back most from the C drive

You need to think about that, and figure out how it works. The first time you delete all your pictures is a mistake. The third time means a slow learner.

Collapse -
Hey Kidfeet

In reply to: I think that there are NO BUGS in the program.

I didn't delete them, they deleted themselves....ok? Where in my posts did I say I DELETED them? You need to learn how to read. I'm not a slow learner, I'm also not condescending with people as a rule but I'll make an exception now. If I deleted them I wouldn't have posted them they were gone, because I WOULD HAVE DELETED THEM. But they disappeared, when I deleted ONE, (1), READ......ONE picture I deleted and all of them went. This happened two times Kidfeet. I'm not lying, and I'm not making it up Kidfeet. I also know when hitting a button if it is suppose to delete one or more files. It was suppose to delete one file Kidfeet. But all of them went. And it happened to someone else as well.
Now, I said I liked the program Kidfeet and I don't think I could have made that any clearer in my last post.
I know what I'm doing most often and I don't need a patronizing foot person to tell me I'm below 'him'.
Oh, is it Kidpeat? Who cares.

Collapse -
Ummmmmm, in the first post of this thread, you said;

In reply to: Hey Kidfeet

I went back to My Pictures and deleted the entire contents so there was no chance of "accidentally" moving them again to Picassa. So, I had Picassa fixed just right, and didn't need any pictures in My Pictures so I emptied the recycle bin and so was Picassa emptied.

Picasso didn't delete them. You said that YOU DID, and, then, just to be sure you couldn't recover, YOU EMPTIED the RECYCLE BIN. If that isn't sinking in yet, I suggest you learn how to back up your pictures on CD or DVD so that you can't delete them.
Collapse -
Woo Hoo, Kidpeep,

In reply to: Ummmmmm, in the first post of this thread, you said;

when you empty the recycle bin, and Picasa empties itself of all my pictures how does this apply to ME deleting MY pictures in PICASA???
My Pictures was emptied out, then I emptied the recycle bin. At that point, Picasa deleted my pictures. Not when I deleted "My Pictures" but when I EMPTIED the recycle bin. "My Pictures" as you know is in My Documents, if emptying the recycle bin was a trigger for Picasa to lose all my pics, I don't have a clue how that works. So Einstein, not that I care, because I don't, explain it.
PS, Even should you be right, God forbid, you're still a moron.

Collapse -
You gotta get It straight

In reply to: Woo Hoo, Kidpeep,

Hes right and your wrong, soon as you figure that out everyone will be happy and then he can troll around the other forums.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.