General discussion

Grpahic card

hello guys!!
last month i bought new dell pc with i3 processor but the company did nt tell me about the graphic card..when i chked my graphic card memory through DXDIAG it showed 1696mb as total memory but the dedicated memoery was just 64mb...i am nt getting this thing..where the reamining memory is going????
plz tech guys help me out....
with this one more problem i am unable to get my graphic card name like the model no and all just getting INTEL GRAPHIC MEDIA ACCELERATOR HD...thats all!! nothing else
but yet i can play games like cod modern warfare ,,prototype etc..
plz guys help me out!!!!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Grpahic card
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Grpahic card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That's no separate graphic card.

But graphics integrated on the motherboard. Quite good as long as it does play the games you want to play. But for some more demanding games it might not work. That means another laptop or desktop.

For explanation about the statistics about the memory: ask the shop.

Kees

- Collapse -
poor response

well thats a poor response KEES_B
i am nt satisfied with u r answer..
just tell me one demanding game which can challenge mie graphic card..i will download that and try to run it on my pc!!!

- Collapse -
Re: games

Sorry, I can't help you with that. All I can say: before you spend money to buy a game have a look at the system requirements so you're sure it runs on your laptop. You wouldn't want to buy a game that doesn't run, do you.
Most games have their system requirements on the Internet.

Kees

- Collapse -
reply to keen

ya i agree with you!!
but i dont know the strenght of my graphic card..i want to check my graphic card's strenght/ability to run a game..tahts why i am asking to plz sugest a game that can challege my card!!!!!

Rajz!!

- Collapse -
You bet.

All gamers I know can't use the graphics solution you noted. But about the memory question.

THAT question is easy to research on the net. All replies here are voluntary and many times your answer will be to do your research. Or someone will tell you the keywords to find the answer.

It's like a fishing lesson. It's better to show how than to hand out fish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit covers this in ONE PARAGRAPH at the sections titled "Hybrid Solutions."

There's your answer.
Bob

- Collapse -
sorry bob

sorry bob!!!!
i didnt find my answer!!!

- Collapse -
What was the question?

I read your post and maybe your question was lost in translation. That is, you wrote:
"but yet i can play games like cod modern warfare ,,prototype etc.."

Maybe you meant to write:
"but yet can I play games like cod modern warfare ,,prototype etc..?"

Notice one is a statement and the other is a question. While asking questions, please take care to ask a question and use English or the language of the forum your are posting in.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info