Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Grills (not barbeque)

I live in the south and barbeque is a method not an appliance.

Just finished putting this badboy together. Breaking it in tomorrow with brats boiled in beer (on the side burner) and then grilled.

Happy father's day to me. Yeah it's late but we bought it on fathers day.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Grills (not barbeque)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Grills (not barbeque)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bam!! Your All Set!!

In reply to: Grills (not barbeque)

Good grillin'Rick.There's nothing like a hot platter of grilled food!
I have a Char-Griller grill and smoker and love it.
Use it all year 'round. In the winter I roll it up closer to the back door of my house so I don't have to walk thru too much snow!

Collapse -
You will enjoy that ''bad boy'';

but slow grill those brats and forget the boiling.

Collapse -
Enjoy the new grill!

We got new neighbors this Spring and they didn't seem to "get" my hubby's grilling habits. I think we grill only SLIGHTLY more in the summer than the winter. Only the need to shovel off the back deck cuts down on some of the winter grilling!

Happy belated Fathers' Day!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
What's the point

of boiling and then grilling?

Collapse -
you boil them in beer and onions and other spices

In reply to: What's the point

til they float. They absorb a lot of flavor this way. Then you grill them to a nice golden color.

I've always just grilled them but this is the way I've seen it done on FoodTV and the way they do it in Green Bay. If anybody knows how to cook a good brat it has to be a cheesehead.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) We cheeseheads DO like our brats. ;-)

In reply to: you boil them in beer and onions and other spices

Collapse -
not too sure i get the difference :-(

BBQ=heat under the meat
grill=heat over the meat

Sad

jonah "confused by our common language" jones

Collapse -
Easy,

In reply to: not too sure i get the difference :-(

BBQ = Meat + Heat + loooooooong time

Grill = Meat + ALOT of heat

Collapse -
Having a hard time here finding

a real mason who still knows how to build a brick and mortar fire pit for me for grilling instead of using propane type........you would think that in the Appalachian Mountains there is at least ONE hillbilly who still knows how.

TONI

Collapse -
You're good!

You put it together in record time of a less than a week, compared to what it usually took us to insert short screw#4 into hole #68, etc.:-)

Not long ago we went to a barbecue where the host was doing pork shoulder in a smoker. About halfway, the smoker went bust. He tore out to Home Depot for a replacement, then put it together. Though he ended up with an extra part he had no clue as to where it went, it performed just fine, and the result was delicious!

Sounds like a great meal you'll have going!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Home Depot got smart this year ...

In reply to: You're good!

... instead of charging for assembly, they had several grills of each model already assembled on the floor ready to go. Good thing we still have a truck -- made buying a new grill for hubby much easier.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) not too much gasoline, ok? heh heh heh,,,,

Collapse -
How to light 60lbs of charcoal in 3 seconds

Collapse -
man, am I glad to see that page back up...

In reply to: How to light 60lbs of charcoal in 3 seconds

He used to host those pictures, etc. on his university server. Then the page changed to a single sentence to the effect of "The people in charge here told me to take it down." There is a huge potential for copycats receiving Darwin Awards, but those films are fun to watch. Ranks right up there with the guy who built a small jet engine as a means to burn off the entire contents of a standard propane tank in seconds so that he could put the tank in a tub of water and beer cans and cool them instantly because of the rapid temperature drop of the decompressing propane tank.

dw

Collapse -
yeah, theres a cartoon

I cant think of the name of it, offhand, and I spent some time trying to find it. But every fourth of July, this guy blows things up.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) aka 'Hey y'all, watch this!'

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.