General discussion

Greenpeace in the wrong place in London

They don't need no (Royal) Marines: Greenpeace run out of International Petroleum Exchange after protest that Kyoto is too "modest":

WHEN 35 Greenpeace protesters stormed the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) yesterday they had planned the operation in great detail.

What they were not prepared for was the post-prandial aggression of oil traders who kicked and punched them back on to the pavement.

?We bit off more than we could chew. They were just Cockney barrow boy spivs. Total thugs,? one protester said, rubbing his bruised skull. ?I?ve never seen anyone less amenable to listening to our point of view.?

Another said: ?I took on a Texan Swat team at Esso last year and they were angels compared with this lot.? Behind him, on the balcony of the pub opposite the IPE, a bleary-eyed trader, pint in hand, yelled: ?Sod off, Swampy.?

I hope that the authorities will let this go. Simply put, if you go into someone's workplace with the determination to make some asinine point, then you should expect that the workforce might just take pointed exception to that!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Greenpeace in the wrong place in London
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Greenpeace in the wrong place in London
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Power to "pointed exception "
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) HURRAH!
- Collapse -
Strange as it may seem, I agree with you Paul.

And I've seen traders at play in the City and I wouldn't want to tangle with one. They are, as one of the protesters stated, mostly East London or Essex boys on the rise and as tough as nails.

Rob Boyter

CNET Forums

Forum Info