Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Great News

by Rolway / March 10, 2004 10:41 PM PST

Just found out I'm going to be a Great Grandpa for the third time. Don't know what it will be yet, still baking in the oven. Already have one of each, so Boy or Girl i'm all for it.

George Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Great News
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Great News
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Congrats George. It's always nice to hear good news :).....NT
by MzLee / March 10, 2004 10:49 PM PST
In reply to: Great News

Collapse -
Re: Glad to share in your good news!!! ...nt
by Mary Kay / March 10, 2004 10:51 PM PST

Collapse -
Wonderful! Hoping for twins, one of each. ;-) Just to keep the balance. -nt
by Rosalie / March 10, 2004 10:51 PM PST

Collapse -
Re: Oh no, My son is having the Shakes now. I would love love it .

Thanks Rosalie Happy

Collapse -
Hey, congratulations!
by Josh K / March 10, 2004 10:53 PM PST

I'm sure you are indeed a Great Grandpa, though I had no idea you were old enough to be one.

My stepfather just turned 90; that means he was actually alive (4 years old) the last time the Sox won the World Series.

Devil

Collapse -
Re:This is a winner year Josh, Thanks
by Rolway / March 10, 2004 11:06 PM PST
In reply to: Hey, congratulations!

Oh, I'm old enough I guess. 73 with the clock ticking. Have 3 Sons, 1 daughter..3 Grand Daughters, 1 Grand Son
and the 1 of each Great Grand Kids.

George

Collapse -
NT Excellent news! Congratulations, George!
by Cindi Haynes / March 11, 2004 12:35 AM PST
Happy
Collapse -
Re:NT Excellent news! Congratulations, George!
by Rolway / March 11, 2004 1:06 AM PST

Thanks Cindi, MzLee, MK, Rosalie, Josh and all. I'm headed up to NH this afternoon to celebrate. I want to see all the kids anyway.

George

Collapse -
Have a safe trip and give them all a hug from the gang at SE. -nt
by Rosalie / March 11, 2004 1:34 AM PST

Collapse -
NT - Congratulations. ;-)
by Diana Forum moderator / March 11, 2004 1:14 AM PST

Collapse -
Great news! So you get to play with two generations of babies!
by Kiddpeat / March 11, 2004 1:16 AM PST

That's incredible! You are a fortunate man. Congratulations, and I hope all goes well.

Collapse -
Good for you. The only thing better than a new baby...
by James Denison / March 11, 2004 2:04 AM PST

..is when the parents come to pick him/her back up, LOL!!

Collapse -
Re:Great News
by John Robie / March 11, 2004 3:23 AM PST

Figured you were old George, but not a year older than me, and here it was just a couple days ago a couple or so people thought you were possibly an old reincarnated member returned. lol.

Congratulations George, those new ones do wake us up. I only have one great grandson born last year.

John

Collapse -
Bravo !!!
by Angeline Booher / March 11, 2004 7:18 AM PST
Collapse -
Re:Many Thanks to Everyone for the Congrats,
by Rolway / March 11, 2004 9:32 AM PST
In reply to: Bravo !!!

About 1 1/2 hours Angeline.

Had a good visit in NH. My Son (the youngest) is still shaking his head over the prospect of becoming a grandfather. First time for him.

My Granddaughter (his daughter) is a great kid. Loves children and animals. wanted to become a Vet. Guess its on hold for now. Very healthy girl so it should take OK.

I can't wait to hang up the sign in our picture window
with the balloons. We have lived here 48 years and the last time the Great grandson sign got hung up there, my neighbor asked me if I was running a baby factory in here. Hey its not me, its my kids doing.

Thanks again,

George

Collapse -
(NT) Congratulations, have fun with them, it's your job to spoil them you know.
by Roger NC / March 11, 2004 12:04 PM PST
Collapse -
Fantastic news George - you must be a very proud man - I am very pleased for you :) NT
by SteveGargini / March 11, 2004 12:40 PM PST

NT

Collapse -
Congrats George and Family ....
by Mosonnow / March 11, 2004 7:31 PM PST

Vis a Vis several earlier threads ...

Thank you for sharing this news. Great news. Don't agree with James (I think it was James) - cos the best bit is that you get to play with their toys - hehe - (OK you get to cuddle them as well and that's worth money in anyone's book).

Going back to an even earlier thread (courtesy of John telling me about this tradition), can we all come and "toilet paper" your house? If so, can I be first in queue to celebrate? The only problem I can see is that the spray from the champagne would completely disintegrate the paper (now there's a waste of paper - well, OK, and the champagne as well).

Best wishes and give us an update.

Regards
Mo

Collapse -
Re:Thanks again everyone........
by Rolway / March 11, 2004 10:18 PM PST

Did not expect all this response, but really appreciate it. My wife is amazed and says thanks too.

I will keep you posted when the big event happens later this summer. All the tests so far say its a go.
The first thing I do when they are born, is check to see if all the fingers and toes are there, and its eyes are open. If it checks out, then its ready for the farm after a little grooming.

And I do spoil all of them, love them, play with all the toys but spend more time fixing them back up. And if the going gets rough, I say here mommy take'em back home. Ever try rolling that toilet paper back up Mo One of the kids used make a run to other end of the house with it.

Many thanks folks, I'll give an up date end of the summer.

George

Collapse -
Dear George - At the risk of my getting silly ....
by Mosonnow / March 11, 2004 11:53 PM PST

I decided, when with child, that it's first words would be either "curtains" or "metamorphosis". Don't ask why otherwise we really will be here until late summer...

In your case, I guess you are going to sing "tractor" (farming) songs to the womb? There is much evidence that they acknowledge these outside noises.

Of course, "Dad" (i.e. neither curtains nor metamorphosis) was my one's first words - but yer can't win 'em all. I'll tell you what, though, if there's one word in the dictionary he can spell, it is .... metamorphosis - Yeah! I've just got this problem with the way he spells "Dad". We try our best...

Best regards George
Mo

Collapse -
(NT) Congrats!
by Evie / March 11, 2004 11:09 PM PST

Collapse -
Re:(NT) Thanks Evie.
by Rolway / March 12, 2004 12:08 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) Congrats!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?