Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Great Deal on Good Antivirus

by Echo2 / October 25, 2004 6:33 AM PDT

Hey All!

I see a lot of people going with freeware antivirus programs. Freeware antivirus programs are now good enough for most people. I recommend Avast!

However, there is a great deal to be had on first class antivirus. CyberScrub is offering a pay one time for five years of upgrades and support for their new antivirus.
Kaspersky makes CyberScrub's antivirus and that is why I am recommending it to you all. If you download a trial version, you will get a number of great offers from CyberScrub over the 30 day evaluatin period. I believe the price is $49.00 to begin but you will get offers that go as low as 40% off. To make the offer even better CyberScrub has also partnered with Kerio Technologies and offers the Kerio firewall with their antivirus at no extra charge. The Kerio firewall is popular and good.
I have dealt with CyberScrub on a number of occasions. I own CyberScrub Pro 3.5. I can say that they are above board and offer good support for their products.
You can download it here : http://www.cyberscrub.com/antivirus/index.php?ppc=google

I hope this helps you all.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Great Deal on Good Antivirus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Great Deal on Good Antivirus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
CyberScrubAntivirus-No professional review. NOT FIRST CLASS
by johnieangel / February 23, 2005 1:05 AM PST

Echo2,

How can you classify CyberScrub Antivirus as a "first class antivirus" program since the CyberScrub Company has not had it tested & reviewed by a CNET approved professional testing company, CNET's prerequisite to listing & rating software. In June 2004, I emailed & called the CyberScrub Company asking when they'll do this, no answers yet. So, I canceled my CyberScrub Affiliate Partner request due to non-response & apparent stupidity. If CyberScrub Antivirus is CNET listed and rated, its sales will increase many fold.

I'm temporarily disabled,money tight and thus cannot waste money. I'll consider the CyberScrub Antivirus program after it's rated by CNET.

Possibly CyberScrub Company has top software engineers since CyberScrub Pro is working excellently on my HP Pavilion 8390, Windows98, eliminating evidence and garbage.

My computer remains virus, trojan, mime & bug free. I have ZoneAlarmPro(ZAP 5.5.062), the four free programs AdAware, SpyBot, SpyGuard & SpywareBlaster and CyberScrubPro to remove evidence and garbage. McAfee VirusScan expired. ZAP's & Internet Options' Privacy settings stop all traffic in & out(ZAP) unless I approve it or it's listed "allowed". I advise against trying this without ZoneAlarmPro.

Know the above will help some and anger some. That's life.

Collapse -
what did you say?
by jonah jones / February 23, 2005 3:04 AM PST

since when has cnet been the be all and end all of software approval?

a quick google shows that the following sites have at least looked at (and who knows? possibly checked,maybe even approved)

pcmag
winxpfix
tucows
wugnet
vnunet
securityfocus
sofotex
tweakxp
net-security

and the list goes on......

Collapse -
CyberScrub AntiVirus's absence of a CNET review & rating
by johnieangel / February 23, 2005 10:19 AM PST
In reply to: what did you say?

Thanks jonah jones for you response. I learn from everybody and all living creatures.

I received a call from the co-owner of CyberScrub. But I've forgotten what he said. I have congenital spondylolisthesis which prevented normal delopment of cognitive abilities, especially memory. 6 out of 100 babies born have spondylolisthesis.

CyberScrub AntiVirus will be soon reviewed and rated by CNET.

I've used 3 of the 9 review/rating sites on your list, but will check the others. In the past I found the 3 with varying degrees of agreement with CNET's reviews & ratings on purchased or downloaded free software I have tried and now use. In the past I would download the trial versions, some lacking abilities of the full version which makes for faulty comparison. Thus, I now try to find a succinct graphical review of the major reviews, ratings. Tired of the bs of company reviews.

An example of a possible excellent review of reviews & ratings of privacy software programs is at Top Ten REVIEWS: http://www.privacy-software-review.toptenreviews.com/?engine=kanoodl. Includes links to each company. ALL SOFTWARE ADS SHOULD INCLUDE LINKS TO SITES WITH INCLUSIVE REVIEWS AS AT "toptenreviews.com".

The American competitive capitalistic free market is burning out workers at all levels. The only real solution is cooperation instead of the competition which the US tries to spread over the world. The American way is lacking heart. Tried thinking with your heart, not the brain. Enough.

Collapse -
Huh? 'Tested & reviewed by a CNET Approved
by John Robie / February 23, 2005 5:52 AM PST

professional testing company, CNET's prerequisite to listing & rating software."

A long time ago ZDNet (CNet) used to test and approve programs that they listed in their downloads. Thought that was discontinued some time ago and I'm not aware that they do this anymore on all programs listed in download.com. CNet does sometimes indicate a review when they do so on something they have used and will give a comment in the download.com

CNet has had CyberScrub in their downloads.com since August 2004:

http://www.download.com/CyberScrub-AntiVirus-Lifetime-Edition/3000-2239_4-10311272.html?tag=lst-0-2
Also at ZDNet downloads:

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/CyberScrub-AntiVirus-Lifetime-Edition/3000-2239_2-10311272.html?tag=lst-0-2

Collapse -
This thread is 4 months old and whatever was
by roddy32 / February 23, 2005 6:02 AM PST

either true or untrue back in October when the original poster started this thread has probably changed by now anyway.

Collapse -
over moderation?
by William Randall / February 23, 2005 9:01 AM PST

Roddy,

I usually am NOT happy by being "sucked" in by old threads, but can you cite any facts that back up your contention that:

"This thread is 4 months old and whatever was either true or untrue back in October when the original poster started this thread has probably changed by now anyway."

I fail to see the point of your post if you cannot point to any substantial aspect that is untrue now that was true back then.

In short, sometimes I get tired of "over-policing" (can you say moderating?) when it comes to instances of people who post to older threads.

I LOVE moderators, but sometimes I wish you would take a break from your "gotta stay on top of EVERY FREAKING THING".

Collapse -
I didn't mean to offend anyone William, I was just pointing
by roddy32 / February 23, 2005 9:09 AM PST
In reply to: over moderation?

out that is was and old thread.

Collapse -
Another member asked that the thread be locked...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / February 23, 2005 12:37 PM PST
In reply to: over moderation?

Guess it's "different strokes for different folks," Bill.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.