Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Great book!

by Diane Harrison / August 15, 2004 3:11 PM PDT

Half-way through "Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man" by David T. Hardy & Jason Clarke. I had NO idea of how big a liar he was until I read some of the assembled materials on his invented background and self-serving falsehoods. It goes through all of his endeavors and films and the bogus points in them that are proven false, plus what is trumped up in his media circus that he engenders in his granidose love-fest with himself. His constant stream of false accusations of conspiracy theories against him make people who believe Elvis is still alive and to be seen in their local shopping mall, look normal LOL!

Good read for anyone who is interested - but try to borrow it if you can - expensive and apparently not out in paperback yet.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Great book!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Great book!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Selective Memory Syndrome
by TONI H / August 15, 2004 8:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Great book!

Most times it's the older generation who suffers from it (try comparing your memory of an event with how they remember it happening, and you get the idea). They either don't remember it, remember bits and pieces differently than you, or they embellish that memory to suit them because they are uncomfortable with the truth and don't feel they owe you any explanations for it being otherwise.

Kerry and Moore are in that league....it sometimes hits young people randomly. Fortunately, it's relatively easy to prove them wrong.

TONI

Collapse -
Yes, but he lied about where he was born too!
by Diane Harrison / August 16, 2004 1:11 AM PDT

All of his bios that he puts out say that he was born in Flint, Michigan, and go on about him being ot the besieged working class laborers exploited by GM in that town. It's not like he said it once, or even twenty times - he uses this "identity" to build the false reputation as a common man, of and for the people.

He wasn't from Flint. He was from the wealthy area some distance away, where homes were 1.5x the value of Flint, unemployment was extremely low, and the upper class management that he claimed to deplore and attacked in "Roger and Me" were from. It was almost exclusively a "white" neighborhood. It's not selective memory to do something like that. It's called being a bold liar!

Mr. Man-of-the-common-people he is not! He owns a $1.9 million dollar home in New York City, and a $1.2 million dollar home in Michigan and he charges up to $30,000 per speech (here and abroad) to denounce the wealthy and ridicule America and Americans. An example of his love for his countrymen in America: In London, he tells an audience that, "[T]he dumbest Brit here is smarter than the smartest American."

The examples of whole-cloth complete lies and fabrications in his films and in his interviews are astounding! They seem to leave NO room for an argument that he might have goofed a little bit. What comes through is that he is a wealthy, white man who is playing a sick charade for his own personal gain, to sell his movies and to reap not only the monetary profits, but support for his insatiable quest for attention and fame from his flock of devoted follwers who will believe or excuse for the lies he puts out in his films and appearances.

He has been successfully sued before for false light in the public eye (in other words, for portraying someone in a film in a way that made them look ridiculous when the impression left by his antics was a false impression of that person). His answer to everything though, is to cry conspiracy or to claim it's acceptable for him to flat out lie about a person. When conservative talk show host Fred Barnes made a comment that modern schooling is so weak that many students don't even know what the "Iliad" and the "Odyssey" are. Then he claimed that he called Barnes the next day to ask if he, Barnes, knew what they were. He claims Barnes started hemming and hawing and said, "Well, they're. . .uh, you know. . .uh, okay, fine, you got me - I don't know what they're about. Happy now?" The problem is that he never spoke to Barnes, Barnes has read both literary pieces (he's a grad from University of Virginia and held a fellowship at Harvard after all), and not only did Barnes NEVER say that, but it is preposterous to think that he would since it would be completely false!

That is merely one incident in a huge string of bold lies about people Moore tries to discredit and demean while running down America and Americans in general. Guess it must be nice to go back to his million dollar houses and chortle over how he can rake in even more bucks by lying about people in his income class that he claims to disdain. Yeah, just keep overweight with a vacuous look on his face and wear the dumb baseball cap and sloppy clothing, and no one will think you're among the people you claim to despise - right. . .

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?