General discussion

Graphics Problem

Alright, well i just installed windows on a new hard drive since my old one died.

Now as far as i know, ive insatlled all my video drivers, all the ones that came with the video card, ive installed the latest nVidia drivers i got from there, site, i have service pack 2 installed, i got all the normal settings, i have all the usual codecs: divix, nemo codec pack, windows codec pack, etc. I also have installed Windows Media Player 10

Even with all this im still getting some intresting stuff hapening in terms of the graphics.

For one, i cant watch videos in Media Player 10. i dont know how to describe what happens, so heres a picture of it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/OrionLeingod/DSC02685.jpg

Now the other problem im having, is with my icons. Once again cant describe it, so heres a picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/OrionLeingod/icon.jpg
its that black stuff around it. Happens to all of them

Now i use TGT soft style xp, so if that might be causing it, let me know.

As for my video card, i have a Gainward nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128mb w/tv out

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Graphics Problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Graphics Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Test and check

Did you fiddle with the FX5200 setting and see what they are and try to tweak it abit or maybe accept basic defaults and take it from there. Make sure it acknowlegdes what the monitor/lcd and video card is installed. Further, as this TGT is unknown to me, simply try w/o it if possible and check results, if a problem tweak it or live w/o it or replace it another similar pgm.

congrats '05 -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
One Fixed

Ok i fixed the video. I was going through all the settings in nVidia, and i found for some reason, all i had to do, was turn the gama all the way down.

But the icon problem is still happening.

CNET Forums