HI! Thanx for popping in!

I have
- Win XP Pro SP2
- 512 MB
- AMD Athlon 64
- GeForce FX 5200 (128 MB)
- DirectX 9.0c (Aug ver)

Now my problem,
Earlier there was some prob with my graphics card and my computer fellow took it to repair it. At that time I noticed my 512 System MB come down to 448 MB.

Then my Gfx card came back and then, I installed latest drivers for it from nVidia.com. I noticed my Sys RAM was back 512 MB, so I guess earlier half of it was being used for display, right? Ok.

But now when I play any game, the quality isn't right. And mainly the game works very slowly! Very slow! even a game on the internet goes slow. Any movie I try to play works, but in between in sometimes it cracks, the movie, and hangs or something. And many times a game just pauses in between (Iguess it hangs) and then I have to press Ctrl+Alt...

Later, I noticed that when the sys starts, my GFX card's specs are shown (Name, mb,etc) and there I see that the MB shown is 64 MB!!!!! Earlier it was proper and showed 128 but now 64?? Why is it showing 64 MB and is that why my display isn't good during games & things where a proper display is required such as during Windows animation and other places?

I've tried calling my comp guy but he's just delaying it and so I turn towards u to help. Happy

Thanx!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Graphics Card Memory (MB) Problem.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Graphics Card Memory (MB) Problem.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by TheCoolPrince / October 6, 2007 8:31 PM PDT

I'll try to reply as soon as I can! Happy

Collapse -
(NT) What system or MB do you have ?
by VAPCMD / October 6, 2007 11:22 PM PDT
Collapse -
System & MB
by TheCoolPrince / October 7, 2007 3:34 AM PDT

I have system -

Windows XP Professional, 512 MB, AMD Athlon 64.

My GFX Card -

Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB.

I hope this is what you wanted. Thanx for replying! Happy

Collapse -
Wondering if your MB or system has onboard video but
by VAPCMD / October 7, 2007 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: System & MB

you didn't indicate either.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
Well...
by TheCoolPrince / October 7, 2007 5:05 PM PDT

... I'm not much of a computer wizard but I guess my system or Memory may have onboard video as when my gfx card had gone for repairs my memory decreased to 448 MB from 512. This indicates that 64 MB of 512 was being used by the inbuilt video,right? I don't know, please tell me if I am wrong.

And how can I find out whether I have an inbuilt video processor?

Thanx very much.

Collapse -
Download and run Belarc Advisor
by VAPCMD / October 8, 2007 2:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Well...
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

It will give the SYSTEM MODEL and MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD ...post them here when you get them.

Systems can have onboard/built-in graphics processors which use SYSTEM MEMORY (512MBs - 64MBs = 448MBs) and or separate video cards which usually have separate video memory. For systems with onboard/built-in graphics processors AND separate video cards, the user through the motherboard BIOS, designates whether the system uses the onboard/built-in video or the separate video card. It appears your system is setup to use the onboard/built-in video which effectively reduces the memory available for system use as indicated above.

VAPCMD

PS...Locate your system docs or download them from the WEB for future reference.
Collapse -
OK!
by TheCoolPrince / October 8, 2007 3:43 AM PDT

I ran the application Belarc and an IE page opened up giving this much info. I think u may only need the following things. Though if u want more please tell me.

Operating System
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Model
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a
2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board b
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. K8M800-8237 1.x
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F4 07/06/2005

Memory Modules c,d
512 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'A0' is Empty
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB

Display
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 [Display adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (14.9"vis, s/n HHBY602973, June 2005)

Bus Adapters
SCSI/RAID Host Controller
VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (4x)
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

Is this what u wanted? During startup I press Delete to go into BIOS mode? That's the one ure talking about right?
Thanx for your help! Grin

Thanx.

Collapse -
K8M800 and 7237 are chipset model numbers
by VAPCMD / October 8, 2007 5:26 AM PDT
In reply to: OK!

and Giga-Byte (http://www.giga-byte.com) does not show as mfg of such a MB. So something doesn't match.

Sure this is a clone ? or a Gateway, HP, Compaq,

What does it say in your system DOCs ????

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/k8-series/k8m800/

Here's test from the VIA chipset website:

"Bringing Exceptional Integrated Graphics and Innovative Features to the AMD64 Platform

The VIA K8M800 is the world's first chipset for the AMD64 platform to feature an Integrated Graphics Processor (IGP) as well as an unparalleled range of cutting edge I/O and multimedia features, allowing both consumer and business users to enjoy an exceptional graphics experience while unleashing the full performance potential of the AMD Athlon64? and Opteron? processors.

At the heart of the K8M800 North Bridge lies the all new VIA UniChrome? Pro IGP, delivering a rich visual experience through the implementation of innovative features such as integrated MPEG-2 hardware acceleration for flawless digital media playback and a dual pixel pipeline, 128 bit 2D/3D engine with support for up to 64MB of shared 64/128bit DDR memory for robust 3D gaming and applications. The K8M800's highly flexible and scalable architecture also allows for an external AGP 8X port for optional graphic card upgrades.

Yes...you hit "DELETE" to go into the BIOS during startup.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
Umm...
by TheCoolPrince / October 8, 2007 10:38 PM PDT

Look. I don't know what they've done (comp guys) but in my computer system they've surely used a lot of different companis' and different manufacturers stuff. So when u said that "K8M800 and 7237 are chipset model numbers and Giga-Byte (http://www.giga-byte.com) does not show as mfg of such a MB. So something doesn't match.

Sure this is a clone ? or a Gateway, HP, Compaq, " - Well Id didn't understand all this but I did get a hint that materials of different mfg's were used.

Now, what do u mean by this -"What does it say in your system DOCs ????" - Sys Docs?? I mean is it like My Documents or something, or a book or manual that came when I purchased my sys.

AndI asked that BIOS thing ;coz like if I've got to do some modifying there, I'm used to it and just tell me what changes in the BIOS I've got to make.

Thank You
Thank U.

Collapse -
More questions...
by VAPCMD / October 10, 2007 12:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Umm...

If you open your case...you can normally see the motherboard mfg name and the model number. We can't help much if you can't tell us what you have.

Sure this is a clone ? or a Gateway, HP, Compaq, " - Well Id didn't understand all this but I did get a hint that materials of different mfg's were used.

Now, what do u mean by this -"What does it say in your system DOCs ????" - Sys Docs?? I mean is it like My Documents or something, or a book or manual that came when I purchased my sys.

YES.....what documents or manuals did you get with your system (computer) ?????

What brand name ...manufacturer, series and model does it say in the outside of the computer.

AndI asked that BIOS thing ;coz like if I've got to do some modifying there, I'm used to it and just tell me what changes in the BIOS I've got to make.

Without knowing which MB and BIOS you have...hard to tell where make a change.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
MFG
by TheCoolPrince / October 14, 2007 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: More questions...

I have the motherboard GA-K8VM800M. Its written on the manual.

Collapse -
Stop delaying. Call them now.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 8, 2007 3:44 AM PDT

There are 64MB Nvidia cards so it is too possible they gave you a replacement card with 1/2 the video RAM.

when the sys starts, my GFX card's specs are shown (Name, mb,etc) and there I see that the MB shown is 64 MB!!!!!

Hey you've convinced me. I would be asking for my card to get swapped again.

Bob

Collapse -
okk...
by TheCoolPrince / October 8, 2007 10:45 PM PDT

Well that MB is also shown in DXDiag (when I type it in Run and then go over to the Display tab). At First I thought that they might have done something with the gfx card and forgot to put on half the MB. (they had taken it to repair as my Display had suddenly gone corrupt; Monitor won't start, and if it started everything was upside down;jumbled up)

So that's why I tried to call them. But if u think too this way I'll call 'em up again or I'll just tell him the prob on phone and ask him for a solution.

Thank U.

Collapse -
No.
by TheCoolPrince / October 9, 2007 6:42 PM PDT

I haven't been given a different gfx card. I opened my CPU and took out the GPU and on it a Bar sticker had been affixed (which I remember to be on it from the starting)

So the comp fellow has not given me a different GPU or something. But I think my Onboard Video thingy might be on due to which my actual GP isn't getting the power to display. Could any of you tell me how to disable On Board Video?

Collapse -
Then the card is bad.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 9, 2007 11:08 PM PDT
In reply to: No.

Try another card. I did not reply about onboard video since you convinced me that your card has lost RAM (was 128 now 64.) This is what I'd fix.

Bob

Collapse -
OK.
by TheCoolPrince / October 10, 2007 2:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Then the card is bad.

Ok that's fine. I'll try out another card or send this one in repair.

Thank you for your help, VAPCMD & R.Proffitt! Happy

Collapse -
Suggest reading...
by VAPCMD / October 14, 2007 5:27 AM PDT
In reply to: OK.

You said "Now my problem, Earlier there was some prob with my graphics card and my computer fellow took it to repair it. At that time I noticed my 512 System MB come down to 448 MB."

Believe this can only happen when you're using an integrated, built-in, onboard video GPU. When the onboard video is ON, it uses SYSTEM RAM...like 64MBs. In the event that's ON, you need to go into the BIOS and TURN OFF the onboard/built-in video . . otherwise the add-in video with the 128MB RAM won't work. Wanted to make sure your MB has the built-in GPU but without the MB mfg and model number, I have no way of confirming.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
I dont get it..
by TheCoolPrince / October 15, 2007 10:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Suggest reading...

<b>"Wanted to make sure your MB has the built-in GPU but without the MB
mfg and model number, I have no way of confirming."</b>

Well first of all I don't understand MB Mfg and model no. MB?? Memory, u mean? or more like the, I have 512 MB DDR2, that's MB, Memory?

Well if its that how can I find out my Memory Mfg and model no.??

<b>How can I find out my Memory Mfg and model no???</b> I didn't get a manual with the Memory. Will it be written on the Memory Card/Chip inside my CPU? Or is there any other way?

Thanx.

Collapse -
MOTHERBOARD or MAINBOARD=MB
by VAPCMD / October 15, 2007 11:33 PM PDT
In reply to: I dont get it..

If you have an off-the-shelf PC from Dell, HP, Gateway...then we need the mfg, series and model number. i.e. . . . HP Pavillion 2600

You can get this from your product (system) manual or from a tag or label on the outside of the PC.

If your PC is a clone...we need the MOTHERBOARD mfg name, the model number and revision if any. i.e. . . . Gigabyte 8IHXP Rev 2.0

You can get this from your MOTHERBOARD Manual or open the PC and get it from the MOTHERBOARD.

Collapse -
OK
by TheCoolPrince / October 16, 2007 5:40 AM PDT

I have Tune Up Utilities and it shows that I have the motherboard

<b>Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. K8M800-8237</b>

And I didn't get any manual or something with the System.
I have AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+. I hope this is what u wanted. Even on the CPU it's written AMD Athlon 64.

Collapse -
As indicated before, the number provided K8M800-8237
by VAPCMD / October 16, 2007 1:22 PM PDT
In reply to: OK

is not a MB model number listed as manufactured by GIGABYTE Technology.

However....I did locate a Gigabyte Motherboard with a SIMILAR model number and the link is below. GA-K8VM800M (Rev 1.x)

It has the VIA 800 and 8237 chipsets and indicates it has built-in or onboard graphics capability. And if the onboard/built in graphics is enabled or TURNED ON in the MB BIOS...it disables your separate video card and uses 64 MBs of system RAM ...512MBs RAM -64 leaves 448MB system RAM.

THIS WILL BE MY LAST TRY TO HELP....THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE WHAT MB YOU HAVE IS OPEN THE PC AND SEE WHAT IT SAYS ON THE MOTHERBOARD. If you locate it post it here so we can check the details on the MFGs website.

Socket 754 for AMD Athlon64 with
VIA K8M800 Chipset
VIA VT8237 Chipset
UniChromeTM Pro Graphics engine integrated
At the heart of the K8M800 lies the all new S3 Graphics UniChromeTM Pro IGP, delivering a rich visual experience through the implementation of innovative features such as integrated MPEG-2 hardware acceleration and a dual pixel pipeline, 128 bit 2D/3D engine for robust 3D gaming and applications. The K8M800's highly flexible and scalable architecture also allows for an external AGP 8X port for optional graphic card upgrades

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=1810&ProductName=GA-K8VM800M

Collapse -
That's It!
by TheCoolPrince / October 17, 2007 6:15 PM PDT

Yeah you're right! That is my motherboard!

I don't know why Tune Up Utilities showed those extra numbers. Even on the manual it has shown that number. And I have opened the tower quite a few times and it has the same layout with only 2 DIMM. So I am sure this is mine.

Now about that RAM part. I have 512 MB. But it does not show 448, its proper,ie, 512 MB. So.. is the on board video on or off? But do tell me where to look in the BIOS and for which option so that I can check it out.

Thanx.

Collapse -
OK . . .looking at the manual for the motherboard
by VAPCMD / October 18, 2007 12:07 PM PDT
In reply to: That's It!

indicated previously on the Gigabyte web under the BIOS, 'Integrated Peripherals' shows a lot of onboard peripheral stuff but does NOT show on onboard video. So we're back at square one. That's why knowing the exact mfg, series and model number typically found on the outside of most PCs OR the mfg and model number and revision of the Motherboard is so vital.

The only instances where the system RAM at bootup shows less RAM than what's installed on the motherboard is when some of the system RAM is bad (perhaps not fully seated) or more commonly an onboard video is enabled sucking up some of the PC's system RAM.

If find something different, let us know.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
umm...
by TheCoolPrince / October 19, 2007 3:17 AM PDT

Well, I don't know what to make of it. What do u think?

Just answer this one Q. I looked inside my CPU took out the GPU and studied it, and found that it is the same original one, when it was bought. So is it possible that my system may be preventing the GPU from using the full 128 GPU RAM?

As I have said earlier, when my GPU was removed my system RAM did fall down to 448, but after the GPU was installed, it came up to 512 MB automatically. So is it possible, that the system might not use the system 512 MB RAM, and also prevent the GPU from using its own 128 MB RAM fully?

Thanx for helping mate! Happy

Collapse -
And...
by TheCoolPrince / October 16, 2007 5:42 AM PDT

Thanx for clearing up that thing about MB. Because I was under the impression that u were meaning Memory, not Motherboard.

Collapse -
Well ..... try the new "GPU-Z"
by VAPCMD / October 19, 2007 8:19 AM PDT
In reply to: And...

++++Well, I don't know what to make of it. What do u think?

It's even more confusing from here as I don't have your PC in front of me. Thats why the make, series and model number for a big box mfg (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.,) or the motherboard make/mfg, model number and revision are so important to those trying to help.

++++Just answer this one Q. I looked inside my CPU took out the GPU and studied it, and found that it is the same original one, when it was bought. So is it possible that my system may be preventing the GPU from using the full 128 GPU RAM?

I doubt it but it is possible if the drivers are corrupt or not working. Also possible some of the RAM on the video card have
failed.

++++As I have said earlier, when my GPU was removed my system RAM did fall down to 448, but after the GPU was installed, it came up to 512 MB automatically. So is it possible, that the system might not use the system 512 MB RAM, and also prevent the GPU from using its own 128 MB RAM fully?

That is exactly what should happen if you had a video card and removed it leaving only an onboard or GPU built-into the MB. That would mean you'd see a video connector in the group of connectors coming directly from the motherboard (vice a separate card sitting in a PCIe slot). The video card usually has it's own RAM . . 256, 128, 64, 32, etc., so for the most part it don't use system RAM. Only when you have and use an onboard or built-in video is the system RAM used to make some system RAM available for your video...32MBs, 64MBs, etc.

Here's a new graphic card utility you might want to look at and try. See if you get the right info about you video card with it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/804/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.0.8.html

VAPCMD

Collapse -
Answers
by TheCoolPrince / October 20, 2007 4:59 AM PDT

<b>It's even more confusing from here as I don't have your PC in front of me. Thats why the make, series and model number for a big box mfg (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.,) or the motherboard make/mfg, model number and revision are so important to those trying to help.<b>

Hey, what info do u exactly need now? My System is AMD Athlon 64 (it's a permenant type of sticker on the CPU form the start).

Please tell me specifically what u need now... I'll try my best and find out the info.

<b>I doubt it but it is possible if the drivers are corrupt or not working. Also possible some of the RAM on the video card have
failed. <b>

For this I'll obviously need to call my tech fellow right?

<b> Phuket, Thailand. We build luxury villas... (Read more)
See my profile
See all featured members
Click here to find out how you can be in the CNET spotlight
advertisement

* CNET forums:
* PC hardware

PC hardware Forum

You are posting a reply to: Well ..... try the new "GPU-Z"

Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.
Subject title (60 characters max)
Message body:
You are currently tracking this discussion. Go to my tracked discussions.

Preview post Submit Cancel

You are posting a reply to: Well ..... try the new "GPU-Z"
by VAPCMD - 10/19/07 3:19 PM

++++Well, I don't know what to make of it. What do u think?

It's even more confusing from here as I don't have your PC in front of me. Thats why the make, series and model number for a big box mfg (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.,) or the motherboard make/mfg, model number and revision are so important to those trying to help.

++++Just answer this one Q. I looked inside my CPU took out the GPU and studied it, and found that it is the same original one, when it was bought. So is it possible that my system may be preventing the GPU from using the full 128 GPU RAM?

I doubt it but it is possible if the drivers are corrupt or not working. Also possible some of the RAM on the video card have
failed.

++++As I have said earlier, when my GPU was removed my system RAM did fall down to 448, but after the GPU was installed, it came up to 512 MB automatically. So is it possible, that the system might not use the system 512 MB RAM, and also prevent the GPU from using its own 128 MB RAM fully?

That is exactly what should happen if you had a video card and removed it leaving only an onboard or GPU built-into the MB. That would mean you'd see a video connector in the group of connectors coming directly from the motherboard (vice a separate card sitting in a PCIe slot). The video card usually has it's own RAM . . 256, 128, 64, 32, etc., so for the most part it don't use system RAM. Only when you have and use an onboard or built-in video is the system RAM used to make some system RAM available for your video...32MBs, 64MBs, etc.

Here's a new graphic card utility you might want to look at and try. See if you get the right info about you video card with it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/804/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.0.8.html
<b>
Ok so I guess I was right. And what I gave u about my GPU is totally full proof, as I know it by heart. But I ran that utility u provided me, and just got the same info again, 64 MB RAM, instead of 128 MB and other stuff.

Now is there hope for solving out this GPU prob? If yes, please tell me what info u need 'coz I have given u I think all the related info, but still if I missed out on something, just give me the list of info u need.

And if u think that this discussion is leading us nowhere, and if u're tired, please feel free to stop the discussion. I appreciate all the help you've given me! Happy

Collapse -
SORRY!!
by TheCoolPrince / October 20, 2007 5:05 AM PDT

Hope u didn't try to read the above post, I think I messed it up while copy/pasting.

Here it is:

<b>It's even more confusing from here as I don't have your PC in front of me. Thats why the make, series and model number for a big box mfg (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.,) or the motherboard make/mfg, model number and revision are so important to those trying to help.</b>

Hey, what info do u exactly need now? My System is AMD Athlon 64 (it's a permenant type of sticker on the CPU form the start).

Please tell me specifically what u need now... I'll try my best and find out the info.

<b>I doubt it but it is possible if the drivers are corrupt or not working. Also possible some of the RAM on the video card have
failed.</b>

For this I'll obviously need to call my tech fellow right?

<b>That is exactly what should happen if you had a video card and removed it leaving only an onboard or GPU built-into the MB. That would mean you'd see a video connector in the group of connectors coming directly from the motherboard (vice a separate card sitting in a PCIe slot). The video card usually has it's own RAM . . 256, 128, 64, 32, etc., so for the most part it don't use system RAM. Only when you have and use an onboard or built-in video is the system RAM used to make some system RAM available for your video...32MBs, 64MBs, etc.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/804/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.0.8.html</b>

Ok so I guess I was right. And what I gave u about my GPU is totally full proof, as I know it by heart. But I ran that utility u provided me, and just got the same info again, 64 MB RAM, instead of 128 MB and other stuff.

Now is there hope for solving out this GPU prob? If yes, please tell me what info u need 'coz I have given u I think all the related info, but still if I missed out on something, just give me the list of info u need.

And if u think that this discussion is leading us nowhere, and if u're tired, please feel free to stop the discussion. I appreciate all the help you've given me! Happy

Collapse -
GeForce FX 5200 ...which one ???
by VAPCMD / October 20, 2007 6:36 AM PDT
In reply to: SORRY!!

If you look at the link provided...you'll see that there are a bunch of video cards all called "GeForce FX 5200". They're are all video cards from different manufacturers in (slightly) different configurations using the GeForce FX 5200 GPU available at NewEgg. That said, "GeForce FX 5200" doesn't really indicate which of the many many FX 5200s made you actually have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Category=38&N=2000380048+106790727+1067909562&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48&CMP=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-VideoCards-_-VideoCards-_-VideoCards

If the issue isn't something to do with an onboard GPU reducing your avaiable system RAM, the only other thought that comes to mind is maybe some of the video RAM died or the card got switched in the shop.

Again . . .the GeForce FX 5200 is just the name of a graphic chip (GPU) used by many manufacturers so bottomline ....you need a little more specific info about what you had before your PC went to the shop and what you have now. As you can see above ....there are lots of video card mfgs that use the GeForce FX 5200 GPU on their video cards. Only you can tell which it is you now have and the only way to really tell is pull the card and record all the info you can. And while you're looking, double check the motherboard manufacturer's name and model number.

As an aside ... I often see posts where a user has a PC made by say 'eMachines" with an Asus or GigaByte motherboard. In these cases you must go to the system mfg's site . .'eMachines' or whatever the system mfg's name to get the specs on the motherboard.

VAPCMD

Collapse -
Look..
by TheCoolPrince / October 21, 2007 6:35 PM PDT

I searched for my GeForce FX5200 and I too found loads of GPUs not matching to the one I have.

But I ran that PowerUP GPU-Z u gave me and the info got I'm posting here. Coz I couldn't find the Gfx card on the web. Well here's the info :-

Name - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

GPU - NV34

Revision - B1

Technology - 150 nm

BIOS Version - <empty>

Device ID - 10DE-0322

Subvendor - Undefined(0000)

ROPs - 0

Bus Interface - AGP 8x @ 8x

Shaders - 4 Pixel/0 Vertex

DirectX Support- 9.0

Memory Type - DDR

Bus Width - 128 Bit

Memory Size - 64 MB ( I think this should have been 128 MB if all
was fine)

Bandwidth - 6.4 GB/s

Driver Version - nv4_disp 6.14.11.6371 (ForceWare 163.71)/XP

GPU Clock - 250 MHz

Memory - 200 MHZ

Default Clock - 0 MHz

Memory - 0 MHz

Nvidia SLI - Disabled

Also I just searched in Google for nVidia GeForce FX 5200 and got this page from nVidia.com which I think matches...link below... but not sure. Just use the info got from that GPU - Z, I guess that'll be right.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/fx_5200.html

Thanx.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!