Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Graphics card issues

by LDSBC / November 20, 2010 8:19 AM PST

Windows 7 will not let me install any new nvidia drivers. I have tryed from dell and the Nvidia website. What should I do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Graphics card issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Graphics card issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Give more details
by ChuckT / November 21, 2010 4:43 AM PST
In reply to: Graphics card issues

- What video card?
- What computer model?
- What driver(s) have you tried?
- Where did you get those drivers?
- What specific messages did you get when you tried?

Collapse -
Specs
by LDSBC / November 24, 2010 6:29 AM PST
In reply to: Give more details

I have the quadro fx 1400
Its a dell precision M70
Tried all recomended drivers from dell + all recomended and detected drivers from Nvidia
It says: Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows. This setup program an its associated drivers are designed to run only on windows. this installation will be terminated.
Im using windows 7

Collapse -
Ahh that explains a great deal. (laptop!)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2010 6:57 AM PST
In reply to: Specs

The drivers from nvidia unless they are unlocked in some way are only for desktop cards. The drivers from dell would be at dell but let's go over how to find them.

1. Find your service tag.
2. Go to dell.com and put in your service tag.
3. That should reveal what drivers for what OS are available.

In closing if this is some fresh install of 7, you might have to install motherboard drivers before the Dell video driver.
Bob

Collapse -
A Resolution
by LDSBC / November 24, 2010 1:27 PM PST

To let you know I already did that... the drivers from dell and Nvidia are the same, why they dont work beats me... What did work was going into device manager and right clicking display devices-click properties-drivers-update drivers-Search automatically online. It worked! Im kinda surprised for once a windows feature actually worked... I love Windows 7!!!

Collapse -
DELL M650
by IkramMirza / June 29, 2011 9:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Graphics card issues

I have Dell M650 Precino
2GHZ Processor
250 HDD
2 GB RAM
Mostly I have received some messages in a window like, DONT SEND, or SEND ERROR REPORT .

Collapse -
Re: M640
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 29, 2011 9:07 PM PDT
In reply to: DELL M650

Please start a new thread in our http://forums.cnet.com/computer-help-forum (click on the red "get started here" button) about your own problem in stead of hijacking one of last year about another problem. And be sure to tell what messages you get (exact text) and when you get them.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.