Core clock 400MHz
PixelPipelines 12

General
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
SLI Supported Yes
Cooler With Fan
Operating Systems Supported Windows 2000/XP/XP x64/MCE 2005
System Requirements Minimum of a 350 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current r recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amps.)
Minimum 400 Watt for SLI m with +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amps.)

Also getting a new Dell:

Dimension E520 Small Mini-Tower: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400 (2.13GHz, 1066 FSB) Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
2 GB DDR2 Non-ECC SDRAM 533MHz (2 DIMMs)
Chassis
305 Watt DC Power Supply

Although I wouldn't be using it for games but rather for graphics & photo editing etc. I am wondering after looking at the minimum req. of the graphic card (which says 350 watt) and the Dell I'm getting has 305 watt, am I throwing myself into deep trouble? If so, what video card would be ideal for my system?

Please help!!! I will appreciate your help & suggestions. Happy

Many thanks,

Bobby

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Graphics card help !!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Graphics card help !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
All I know
by Hollow06 / March 21, 2007 5:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Graphics card help !!!

If you can match ur card with a card with one with lower wattage then ur in luck. If not a Powersupply is cheap and if your getting a new PC so it shouldn't add on much dinero, but if you have a dell use DELL..fo shizzle.

--I'd go vista if you can, it sux now but everything they first put does

--doesn't dell have a good vid card option?

Collapse -
save money and get a 7300gs/gt
by ramarc / March 21, 2007 11:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Graphics card help !!!

since you're not into gaming, you don't need the extra horsepower and you won't have to worry about the power supply. if you already have the 7600gs, don't worry either since 350w is a rule of thumb and it will work fine in your pc.

Collapse -
Thanks guys and one more question ......
by musique001 / March 22, 2007 4:11 PM PDT

Is it safe to install 400 -500 W PSU when the damn thing came with pathetic 305 W? I talked w/Dell support and his answer was sorta evasive " yeah, you can change the power unit but you don't wanna ruin the motherboard with too much power, do you??" something, something etc.

I am more clueless now!!! Please help!! what W will be within safe range for me?

Oh, as someone suggested ... I too wish that I could build my system, but it's always the money problem sadly. Sad

Many thanks again in advance, guys!!!

Collapse -
yes you can change the power supply
by ramarc / March 22, 2007 11:05 PM PDT

you'll need to measure the existing unit and ensure your replacement will fit. you won't burn out the motherboard with a bigger unit, but since you don't need 3d graphics performance, just stick with a smaller/cheaper video card and leave the power supply alone.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.