Question

Graphics Card Has No Clock Speed.

Hi Guys,
When i go into the program "GPU-Z" It says my graphics card has no clock speed.
Also when i run minecraft it says BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVERS.
I have updated my graphics cards driver.
it is a Nvidia 8600M GS 256 Mb.
Also In device manager it says ERROR 43.

Please Help Sad

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Graphics Card Has No Clock Speed.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Graphics Card Has No Clock Speed.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Microsoft Device Manager Error Codes in Link
- Collapse -
Sorry its windows 7 ultimate, ask if u need anymore info

Sorry its windows 7 ultimate, ask if u need anymore info

- Collapse -
CODE 43
"Code 43
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem."

Did you look for and read Microsoft's explanation what code 43 is, and why it happens?

Looks to me like it could be a possible video card hardware failure, albeit one that is not a complete failure. Otherwise, your card would not work at all.

Card looks as if it works with Vista notebooks and laptops. Make/Model/System specs will help here.

When was the last time system was given a good blow-out/cleaning?

This might help you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/code-43-error-on-vistanvidia-geforce-8600m-gs/1e87eee9-f02e-4c7e-8b44-eee80db3c67b?page=1&msgId=4a7c35c8-775a-468f-a20b-89a812ef0e9b

Read the entire thread.
- Collapse -
Answer

Its windows 7 ultimate sorry Happy

CNET Forums