Computer Help forum

Question

Graphics Card Has No Clock Speed.

by Ob1Shinobi / September 22, 2012 7:25 AM PDT

Hi Guys,
When i go into the program "GPU-Z" It says my graphics card has no clock speed.
Also when i run minecraft it says BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVERS.
I have updated my graphics cards driver.
it is a Nvidia 8600M GS 256 Mb.
Also In device manager it says ERROR 43.

Please Help Sad

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Graphics Card Has No Clock Speed.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Graphics Card Has No Clock Speed.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Microsoft Device Manager Error Codes in Link
by mchainmchain / September 22, 2012 10:27 PM PDT
Collapse -
Sorry its windows 7 ultimate, ask if u need anymore info
by Ob1Shinobi / September 24, 2012 12:33 PM PDT

Sorry its windows 7 ultimate, ask if u need anymore info

Collapse -
CODE 43
by mchainmchain / September 24, 2012 4:32 PM PDT
"Code 43
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem."

Did you look for and read Microsoft's explanation what code 43 is, and why it happens?

Looks to me like it could be a possible video card hardware failure, albeit one that is not a complete failure. Otherwise, your card would not work at all.

Card looks as if it works with Vista notebooks and laptops. Make/Model/System specs will help here.

When was the last time system was given a good blow-out/cleaning?

This might help you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/code-43-error-on-vistanvidia-geforce-8600m-gs/1e87eee9-f02e-4c7e-8b44-eee80db3c67b?page=1&msgId=4a7c35c8-775a-468f-a20b-89a812ef0e9b

Read the entire thread.
Collapse -
Answer
by Ob1Shinobi / September 24, 2012 12:34 PM PDT

Its windows 7 ultimate sorry Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!