PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Graphic Card Problems (8800GT wont play games)

by Conoxcise / September 28, 2009 2:36 AM PDT

Ok guys i had this issue tonight and cant solve it, i own a Nvidia 8800GT that has decided not work anymore, i went on tonight to play wow and it told me that there is no graphics device present, wats odd is that im still getting video output from in the form of i can still see my desktop and internet etc, its just when i play games it doesnt seem to work, now things i have tried already are reinstalling the drivers, i unistalled the hardware and reinstalled it, reinstalled windows, Pulled the card out gave it a little clean and after all this was done, i still have the same issue. This is wat windows says in device manager "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" can anyone help me??? thanks in advance guys

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Graphic Card Problems (8800GT wont play games)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Graphic Card Problems (8800GT wont play games)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sounds proper.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2009 4:12 AM PDT

After reinstalling Windows there are possibly 10 to more drivers we have to install. The video card is one of them but tell us about the other drivers for motherboard and more.

Collapse -
drivers
by Conoxcise / September 28, 2009 10:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Sounds proper.

As per usual i installed all drivers associated with my motherboard such my sound card, network card etc, all these updates are on a disk that i recieved when i bought the motherboard. Everytime i have done this(i have reformatted my computer several times) nothing has been wrong with the Graphics Card, i also say that when the graphics card started having this problem was on a windows xp install long after all my drivers had been installed so i dont think its a driver issue

Collapse -
Try one more driver.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2009 11:55 AM PDT
In reply to: drivers

I read many of the usuals. Tell me about the "Motherboard Chipset" driver.

Hope that's it.

Collapse -
Did anyone update a BIOS?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2009 11:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Try one more driver.

I saw this happen after a (bum?) BIOS update. Any BIOS changes such as init PCI, PCIe, AGP first, second?

Collapse -
RE Bios
by Conoxcise / September 28, 2009 12:30 PM PDT

If i had a bios update i dnt know anything about it, i never updated it myself, i will get you the information on the motherboard driver, wat else are u looking for, my motherboard model?

Collapse -
Volunteer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2009 9:58 PM PDT
In reply to: RE Bios

I asked you to do the work. This is an all volunteer effort so I leave all the searching up to you.

What I had hoped to help you with is to see if the usual items were taken care of. I read most of the drivers save one that can matter. Try that one.
Bob

Collapse -
Chipset
by Conoxcise / September 28, 2009 10:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Volunteer.

Intel

Collapse -
So we are done.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 28, 2009 10:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Chipset

With that driver out of the way it's time to check the warranty on that card and hope they'll swap it out for you.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) download and install the latest drivers from nvidia.com
by ramarc / September 28, 2009 10:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
8800GT
by janelikulit / February 2, 2011 10:05 PM PST

sir the problems is that you other conflict drivers check other devices such as you image devices try to uninstall other device drivers.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.