General discussion

Grammy helps Led Zeppelin soar

Led Zeppelin

IN the words of their timeless rock anthem, Led Zeppelin got a whole lot of belated love from the music industry yesterday when they were honoured with a lifetime achievement award in recognition of a career which invented heavy rock as we know it today.
The band was one of 10 perfomers alongside the likes of rockabilly hellraiser Jerry Lee Lewis, blues singer Janis Joplin and country crooner Eddy Arnold celebrated at a luncheon before the Grammy awards in Los Angeles .

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Grammy helps Led Zeppelin soar
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Grammy helps Led Zeppelin soar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) They were awesome and so were many others of that era.
- Collapse -
King Crimson- Pink Floyd and loads more

come to mind around that time Mojo.
I agree, all fantastic performers.
May be it's because of my age, but I find many of the bands these days as very disappointing.

- Collapse -
Saw them in a small venue in NYC before the first album

made it to America. Never seen so much equipment on stage for a small gig. They started up and my head whipped around to make sure the back wall of the club was still intact. One of those nights of extraordinary magic, all the better for never having been heard (by me) before. Each song a new delight each new arrangements of instruments (like Hangman) a revelation. And John Bonzo Bonham !!!

Thet sort of lost me after Presence which was album 7 I think but of course my son is discovering them all over again.

Rob Boyter

- Collapse -
I saw them in a concert

a few years ago, and I was well pleased with their performance.
They played some really interesting instruments.
They are a very gifted set of musicians and I think they deserve that grammy.
Nice to know you have seen them in their early days.
My friends played a lot of their records at discos
way back in the 70's.

- Collapse -
They soared long before that Grammy

Zeppelin was the BEST. I remember talking to my barber once about them compared to the quality of newer bands and he said something like "They're just trying to do what's already been done and not doing too well at it." I agree.

Time to listen to "The Ocean" and "No Quarter" again.

DE

- Collapse -
Glad I am not the only one David to think

just that, what your barber said.
Some groups these days I swear do not know how their instruments should be played, and the result is so bad they decide to call it another name. Rap comes to mind. Sad

CNET Forums

Forum Info